The executive assistant is a non-exempt position which provides direct administrative support to the Vice President by managing the complex administration and organization of the VPs office. The roll performs a variety of clerical duties in accordance with specific instructions and established work procedures, typically under minimal supervision.
1. Primary point of contact on day-to-day administrative issues including, but not limited to
a. managing the calendar and scheduling meetings to include meeting room reservations, set-up and catering;
b. handling incoming and outgoing mail, including highly confidential, sensitive and time-sensitive materials;
c. review, prepare, process documents for VP signature;
d. screen and handle highly confidential , sensitive and time-sensitive telephone communications including to and from lawyers,
parents, students, trustees, senior administration, and high level executives.
e. Appropriately and professionally respond to emails and correspondence as required.
2. Maintain campus event calendaring through software.
3. Coordinate office related travel arrangements and prepare itineraries.
4. Review and process procurement charges. Prepare purchase orders and process payments as needed.
5. Oversee all staff time and leave tracking, and assist with tracking expenses for the department
6. Create/update spreadsheets, Word documents, and Power Point presentations as needed by the VP.
7. Establish and maintain confidential files.
8. Order and oversee management of office supplies and equipment for the area.
9. Provide administrative support as needed to the Assistant Vice President of Operations.
10. Work cooperatively with others while exhibiting flexibility in organizing daily tasks and showing initiative in managing workflow.
11. Contributes to the success of the off of business affairs by performing all other duties as needed to drive the vision, fulfill the mission, and abide by the values of the College
EDUCATION, WORK EXPERIENCE AND REQUIREMENTS:
1. High school degree or equivalent require. Bachelors degree strongly preferred.
2. Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience. Higher education experience preferred.
3. Strong computer skills, including facility with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and experience in preparing mail merges for large mailings required.
4. Excellent oral and written communication skills and use of English grammar.
5. Must have excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills and be able to maintain composure and competence under pressure.
6. Must be able to handle highly confidential information with complete discretion.
7. Ability to work both independently and as a team member.
For more information and to apply, click Apply today!