The employee benefits coordinator processes employee benefit plans enrollment and changes related to Colleges benefits plans, including retirement program, medical and dental insurance, life insurance, long-term disability insurance, sick and vacation leave, Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA), and Workers Compensation.
- Responsible for the education and administration of employee benefits insurances and programs to include group medical, dental, vision and hearing, life and disability insurance, retirement, and supplemental plans.
- Facilitates all enrollment processes to include preparation and distribution of enrollment packages, communication to employees, maintenance of forms, and data entry of all associated changes to elections.
- Administer and maintain company Defined Contribution Retirement plan to include enrollments, changes, audits and annual compliance.
- Create and maintain employee benefits, leave, medical, and workers compensation filing systems in an organized, confidential manner, and ensure benefits changes are calculated and entered appropriately in payroll system for payroll deduction.
- Communicate effectively with employees, vendors and managers regarding all health and welfare benefits plan participation.
- Respond to employees requests for benefits information such as coverage types, add-ons, deductions and premium rates and resolve problems.
- Assist in drafting, reviewing and coordinating the delivery of employee benefits communications.
- Oversee the Workers Compensation program to include filing of claims, tracking of time, oversight of work restrictions, and return to work processes.
- Oversee leave programs such as short and long term disability, Family and Medical Leave, and workers compensation.
- Serve as primary contact for onsite benefits events, such as health and wellness drives and others as needed.
- Assist Payroll Specialist in the editing of payroll.
- Partner with the Information Technology Services (ITS) department in the establishment and maintenance of benefits coding systems in the HR database as well as report development for analysis of benefits data.
- Verify the calculation of the monthly premium statements for all group insurance policies. Resolve administrative problems with the carrier representatives.
- Prepare and set up meetings designed to help employees obtain information and understand company benefits and other related incentive programs. Ensure distribution of required employee notices.
- Contributes to the success of the Office of Human Resources by providing information about Human Resource policy and procedures, acting as a back-up for other positions as needed, working cooperatively with other departments, and performing all other duties as needed to drive the vision, fulfill the mission, and abide by the values of the College.
EDUCATION, WORK EXPERIENCE AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelors degree in Human Resources or related area of study required.
- At least 3 years of progressively responsible experience in employee benefits administrative support functions required.
- At least one year in HR administration support functions preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of insurance coverage and claims administration.
- Knowledge of various benefits regulations such as ERISA, Family Medical leave, the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, and more.
- Ability execute insurance plans and perform health insurance audits.
- Strong organizational skills and project management skills including the ability to work against pressing deadlines is required and is a skillset practiced daily in this role.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Strong problem solving, verbal and written communication skills.
- Adaptability combined with a positive, upbeat attitude and ability to cultivate positive working relationships with customers and coworkers while working in a team environment.
- Must be able to research issues understanding and providing accurate information.
- Ability to prioritize task and to work independently
- Strong assessment and analytical abilities along with focus to detail necessary.
- Strong customer relations and interpersonal skills with high level of response to all inquiries; Ability to build relationships/communicate with the entire staff, senior leaders, and colleagues as appropriate
- Emotional maturity; Ability to handle confidential information with discretion.
For more information and to apply, click Apply today!