Are you a corporate accounting expert looking to advance your career in a challenging and exciting work environment? Would you love to live in a Midwest family friendly area while enjoying a hybrid schedule, working for an industry leader? If this sounds like you, consider a rewarding career as a reporting focused Accountant at Great West Casualty Company.
As a valued member of our dynamic accounting team, you will have frequent interaction with our publicly traded parent company, Old Republic Insurance Group. In this role, you will ensure accurate and timely preparation and review of monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting for tax, statutory, statistical and GAAP purposes. You will provide valuable input and advice on financial matters. Your keen eye for innovation and penchant for research will also serve you well as you support process improvements and sharing of best practices in the handling of company accounting.
- Specialization in the analysis and auditing of the GAAP and Statutory lines of reporting with potential crossover to other areas.
- Research and stay up-to-date on pronouncements.
- Ensure SEC reporting deadlines are met.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance.
- CPA certification required.
- Insurance, GAAP or statutory accounting experience preferred.
- Strong work ethic.
- Ability to communicate effectively to drive results.
- Adaptable and resourceful to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
Why work for us?
We offer you a challenging career with a competitive compensation and benefits package, including:
- Paid study materials, exam fees, study day, and monetary awards for professional development.
- Flexible schedules for a stable work-life balance.
- Paid time off for vacation, holidays, sick leave, leave of absence and more.
- Support of a healthy lifestyle through a wellness program and gym subsidies.
Location: South Sioux City, Nebraska
Great West Casualty Company is headquartered in a metro area that joins three states. Our corporate office is in South Sioux City, Nebraska, just across the Missouri River from Sioux City, Iowa, and North Sioux City, South Dakota, in a region nicknamed Siouxland. Recently selected as the 7th most livable small city in the U.S., Siouxland is home to more than 180,000 residents, offers affordable Midwest living, a vibrant downtown, a multitude of outdoor activities, live music, semi-pro sports, shopping, and more.
Who we are:
For over 65 years, Great West Casualty Company has provided premier insurance products and services to thousands of truck drivers and trucking companies across America. We have regional offices located around the country, and nearly 1,000 professionals are proud to call us an employer of choice. We are dedicated to the success, happiness, and wellness of our employees. If you are looking for a company where your contributions are valued, your continued learning is financially supported, and customer service is a priority, we want to talk to you. Apply today and join one of America's largest insurers of trucking companies as we help keep the nation's economy moving forward one mile at a time.
Great West Casualty Company.