Stahancyk, Kent & Hook P.C. (“SKH”) seeks an associate attorney with at least 1 year elder law experience to join our Portland, Oregon office. With thirty years serving the Northwest market, SKH represents family law clients across six Oregon and SW Washington locations.
This isn’t your typical attorney position. SKH associates handle complex and intriguing legal issues, often involving substantial assets and business interests, and assist on some of the region’s biggest cases.
Practicing at SKH provides associates with an exciting environment to hone their research, problem-solving and client skills. Candidates require creative and enterprising thinking, as solutions to client issues often aren’t found in books.
Over the decades, SKH has helped many associates build successful practices with support from our team-oriented structure and environment. Are you next?
- Oregon State Bar license
- 1-4 years of Elder Law, Estate Planning, Tax Law or related field.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Strong legal writing and research skills
- Creativity and flexibility in advocacy
- Ability to handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of Social Security and Medicaid law.
- Knowledge of guardianship/conservatorship law.
- Knowledge of special needs trusts.
- Experience with living wills and durable powers of attorney.
- Experience with long-term care options a plus.
Salary and benefits:
- Competitive salary (DOE) with immediate bonus possibility
- Professional liability coverage
- Oregon State Bar dues paid
- Medical, dental, disability and life insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Reception and client intake services
- Legal assistant
- Private office
- Technical and social media support staff
- Complimentary lunches on-site daily
- Named a 2021 Top Workplace by the Oregonian
Qualified candidates should submit a resume, cover letter and writing sample in PDF or Word format, and three (3) references.
SKH is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis, including State and Federal protected classes.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $60,000.00 - $96,000.00 per hour
We comply with all executive orders from the Governor's Office regarding COVID-19.