Location: United States of America (remote)
Location: Mayfield Heights - Ohio
Position can be Located Anywhere in the USA
Rockwell Automation is the world's leader in industrial automation. We combine the imaginations of people with the potential of machines. We love taking complex, highly technical hardware, software, services and solutions and making them easy to understand. We believe telling a story on how our offerings solve business problems is more impactful than marketing a list of product features. We believe in targeting audiences and industries to move customers along their buyer's journey. We believe in continuing the customer journey after they purchase from us. We believe what we say and what we do must always match. We believe in the power of marketing to build excitement, reach new audiences, grow our business and create unique branded experiences.
Our Marketing Communications Rep will believe in this too. You are the communication expert responsible for building customer interest, awareness and advocacy for our software portfolio. You will develop, activate and amplify content for both inbound and outbound activities and create additional marketing sales enablement collateral as needed. You will develop and help manage demand generation activities and sales communication marketing tactics that represent the depth and breadth of our offering. You will work closely with our field resources and commercial program managers on campaigns to support district sales, businesses or cross-business initiatives. You're a wicked storyteller and your content will find and capture our target audience and help them understand our core values.
You will be a marketing evangelist internally and a brand ambassador externally. You will be a critical thinker and a positive influencer. You will help shape Rockwell Automation in the eyes of our customers.
- A strong individual contributor on a virtual global team in a large matrixed organization
- Responsible for the day-to-day execution across marketing communications programs
- Research trends, customers and factors that drive decisions in our core industries.
- Responsible for crafting intelligent, thought-provoking, and emotional stories/narratives based on target audience and buyers' journey (blogs, web copy, eBooks, brochures, infographics, social, etc.).
- Create campaign messaging to increase engagement, ultimately attracting new customers and increasing brand awareness.
- Role will include writing and editing content; project managing deliverables and activities; working cross-functionally with internal stakeholders and outside agencies; coordinating activities; and track progress.
- Expand audience reach through content amplification.
- An understanding of Land, Adopt, Expand and Renew Customer engagement model in support of Software as a Subscription or Contractual Services offerings.
- Active partner in developing marketing strategy.
- Achieve marketing mix through omnichannel delivery of digital content.
- SEO research: understand what our customers are searching for online: what keywords they are using, the answer's the questions they seek and the content they want.
- Responsible for coordinating legal review content approvals.
- Supports sales enablement activities.
- A strong project manager, both internally and with outside vendors, for adherence to brand standards, deadlines and budgets.
- Facilitates regular reporting to effectively measure, analyze and adjust projects for maximum business impact.
Bachelor of Arts or Science degree, or equivalent, in English, Journalism, Communications, Marketing, or related field.
Minimum of three years' experience in business-to-business marketing communications.
Strong written communication skills are critical and foundational to the role.
Strong project management, organizational and multi-tasking skills.
Ability to work independently with a minimum of direction.
Ability to manage projects with a variety of stakeholders.
Strong interpersonal, leadership and team skills.
Ability to adapt and respond to changing requests and priorities.
Experience in industrial automation environment is a plus.
Experience with Software as a Subscription based offerings is a plus.
Experience working with Customer Success and Customer Experience teams to align content development to the moments that matter to the customer.
Experience with creative marketing tools, software programs, html, marketing automation platforms and Microsoft office a plus.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (see application details).