Location: Chicago - Illinois
The System Integrator Account Manager is responsible for the development and implementation of sales strategies and plans to grow market share through System Integrator (SI)/ Solution Provider (SP) accounts as well as the overall system integrator community to meet or exceed annual sales goals. This position is responsible for establishing and maintaining relationships at assigned system integrators, Recognized System Integrators and Solution Partner accounts and engaging with the territory team and distributors to ensure effective and efficient utilization of resources to cover the non-assigned SI's.
- Owns the system integrator business development strategy for all system integrators in the geography they are responsible for. Provide more focus at top SI accounts as well as coordinating with the Channel Team and distributor to cover the "secondary" SI's in the geography.
- Analyzes account requirements and develops account strategies with the distributor for the top accounts and works with the Channel team to manage the secondary system integrator partners.
- Develops, in conjunction with the Channel team and the distributor, account deployment strategy to coordinate activities and resource utilization to ensure appropriate account coverage, clear responsibilities and identification/resolution of any coverage gaps.
- Maintains a regular planning cadence with Solution Partner and Recognized System Integrator partners to initiate, maintain and execute success plans.
- Coordinates with other SI Partner Managers, who are responsible for the HQ locations, when that Partner has locations in your geography.
- Establishes relationships at all levels within the top SI accounts to understand customer processes and business model.
- Develops and maintains the solution delivery strategy for system integrators in your geography, in conjunction with Regional Sales Management team.
- Advocates for your system integrators within the Territory/Region you reside in, as well as outside of that Territory, by driving relationships and opportunities that help your SI grow their business in alignment with our strategies.
- Participates in decisions with Account Management team, and Strategic/Enterprise Account Managers (where appropriate), to determine the best way to deliver a solution to a customer whether it be Rockwell Automation or SI delivered.
- Maintains accurate assessment of target and opportunity funnel within the Customer Relationship Management system for assigned accounts.
- Develops strategy to assess, manage and enhances partner competency through use of online and in person training and event participation for the SI community.
- Initiates and participates in best practice discussions with peer SI/SP Business Development managers.
- Teams with corporate Contracts and Negotiations group to come to terms with customers. Negotiates contract terms and conditions (T&Cs), pricing, discounts and allowances.
- Engages the Rockwell Automation market access team and senior management, as required, to plan for and win opportunities.
- Sets and helps manage internal and external partner expectations.
- Ensures through familiarity with company policies and procedures. Appropriately applies policies and procedures in compliance with government laws. Policies and procedures include, but not limited to: Standards of Business Conduct, Intellectual Property, Control Environment, Information Protection, ISO 9000 & 14000, government regulations (e.g. health, safety, quality and environmental).
- Bachelor's degree
- Valid driver's license.
- Ability to travel 20%
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Bachelor of Science degree in an Engineering discipline.
- MBA preferred.
- Minimum of 5-8 years' experience in technical sales, industrial distribution, systems integration or an engineering firm.
- Experience working with all levels of an industrial automation plant (customer) including VPs, plant engineers and OEM machine builders.
This is a summary of the position's responsibilities and does not reflect the entire scope of work expectations.
EOE, M/F/Disabled, Vet
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (see application details).