Location: Mayfield Heights - Ohio
Motion and Mechatronics Application Engineer - Competency
Business Group: LFS
Business Unit: RAU
Reports to: Team Lead, Intelligent Devices
Work Location: Mayfield Hts, Ohio
Eligible for Relocation: Yes
Who is Rockwell
Do you want to make a difference in the world? At Rockwell Automation you can do just that and more. Rockwell is a global leader in industrial automation and digital transformation. We connect the imaginations of people with the potential technology to expand what is humanly possible, making the world more productive and sustainable. Rockwell is recognized as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies in 2020. We place a high value on integrity which fosters an environment where all employees can and want to do their best work.
To learn more about how we are bringing The Connected Enterprise to life across industrial enterprises, please visit www.rockwellautomation.com.
What Rockwell Brings to You
Rockwell cares about our employees and our benefits package is just one way we support you. Outside the industry expected benefits, Rockwell provides paid parental leave, flexible work schedules, summer hours depending on business needs and eligibility for an annual bonus.
To learn more about our Benefits Package, please visit https://raquickfind.com/.
What Rockwell Needs from You
We need a diverse workforce to do our best work. We need the makers, the forward thinkers, the problem solvers, and everything in between. That is where you come in. We are looking for a Senior Application Engineer who will be responsible for developing and delivering technical training on Drives and Motor Control Centers.
What You Will Do
- Work with RAU Delivery Leaders, Development Leaders, and Project Managers to understand training needs of the stakeholders
- Develop training material for eLearning, remote instructor lead, or in classroom formats to suit the needs of technical employees through technical writing, interactive presentation and other contemporary learning practices
- Deliver training in a classroom or virtual classroom to achieve learning objectives
- Interact with product businesses, stakeholder businesses, and partners to deploy world class training to RA employees, partners, and customers
Skills You Have
- Ability to develop concise learning objectives
- Ability to develop and deliver technical training to achieve specified learning objectives
- Ability to train and mentor others through content creation and personal interaction
- Strong understanding of Motion Control and Mechatronic Applications
- Demonstrated ability to balance competing requirements and interests, with focus on top priorities, finding opportunities to achieve win-win or obtain acceptance/consensus to compromise
- Ability to successfully work across organizational boundaries, including strong relationship management skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including speaking in front of small and large groups and ability to write & maintain technical documentation
- Subject Matter Expert in Motion Control and Mechatronics; this includes basic application design and troubleshooting level knowledge aligned to training outcomes
- Ability to participate in customer-facing engagements as required to develop expertise in customer requirements of products, technologies, and solutions
- Conducts technical training for internal employees and partners in the use of company products, applications, solutions, and troubleshooting
- Ability to serve as a technical mentor, adviser, etc. for students, RAU, and shared labor resources
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Physics, or related
- Typically requires experience in the following;
- Experience in motion control product selection and positioning, configuration, troubleshooting, OR
- Experience in supporting motion control products and applications OR
- Experience in the deployment of mechatronic solutions to achieve customer defined outcomes, OR
- Experience in motion control system commissioning
- Experience applying integrated solutions showcasing connectivity to the customer's enterprise
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required- we will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, no or in the future, for this job opening
- Travel 10% of time, domestic or international
- Minimum 4+ years' experience in Kinetics Product selection and positioning, configuration, troubleshooting
- Experience in the deployment of Mechatronic solutions to achieve customer defined outcomes
What RAU Does
To remain competitive in today's demanding business world, Rockwell Automation provides comprehensive training and learning to our employees, partners, and customers to improve their skillsets. Our goal is to upskill engineers through a mix of formal learning either via eLearning, instructor lead, or identifying proper OJT for different roles.
This role will focus on the mechatronics and motion control space and working to upskill all stakeholders on skills needed to design, configure, troubleshoot, deploy, and more motion control space.
Describing and demonstrating familiarity with Mechatronics and Motion Control products and tools such as the Kinetics family of servo drives and Motion Analyzer tools
Development and delivery of e-learning, virtual/remote instructor lead, and in classroom technical training
Sharing knowledge of motion control and drive applications to achieve desired customer outcomes
Rockwell Automation is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (see application details).
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (see application details).