Location: Philadelphia - Pennsylvania
Location: Milwaukee - Wisconsin
- Lead standardization efforts of proposals, tools and processes for designated product, service or solution
- Work with Sales, Consultants and Specialists to assess and respond to IT/OT, engineering, consulting, project and support services opportunities
- Understand the customer's need and be able to position and quote a desired outcome for a solution
- Management of the process from Bid Request, Information gathering, Scope definition, Solution design and costing, and Approvals - Collaborate with Sales, Solution Consultants, Sales Specialists, Engineering, Services, Center of Excellence, and your peer regional / global proposal teams.
- Demonstrate the ability to expand the scope of solutions requested by incorporating the full portfolio of Rockwell Automation offerings, including but not limited to: Connected Services, Process/Power & Control/Information Solutions, Packaged Power, and local Field Labor.
- Makes use of Global estimating tools and Global Engineering Center Proposal resources
- Advise Consultants and/or Sales on proposal generation and validation.
- Share insights with regional and global peers.
- Understand business models, organization, and go to market strategy, leverage where appropriate
- Knowledge of Rockwell estimation methods and PARB processes
- Knowledge of industry strategies, familiarity with outcome-based selling.
- Managing specialized work efficiently, with confidence and competence
- Requires above average attention to details, concern for the exact correctness of work, and strong commitment to tasks completed on time
- Take work seriously, has a strong sense of duty, and is disciplined
- Fast-paced environment will be the norm for this position
Skills, Knowledge, Experience and Education
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering/technical related field or equivalent.
- 5+ years' experience as an estimator, proposal engineer or other contract, project or application engineering focused position
- Demonstrated understanding of larger Rockwell Automation application value including knowledge in Automation products including MES, FTPC, PharmaSuite as well as Rockwell PLCs, Standard Drives, Software, Networks and ideally good knowledge of third party products
- Good application and industry knowledge
- Demonstrated ability to work in a challenging environment with both internal and external customers
- Strong solution and application expertise, and related demonstrated sales experience.
- Fluency with native language and strong command of English (written & spoken).
- Ability to work with and gain confidence of senior level personnel (internal and external) in a highly collaborative, matrixed stakeholder organization.
- Ability to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways.
- Ability to align and influence critical stakeholders.
- Strong supporter of our customer centricity. Understands the importance of demonstrating concern for satisfying customers.
- Passionate about developing goals to improve our customer experience.
- Ability to set, being accountable for and achieve challenging targets.
- Ability to influence, empower, coach, and motivate others.
- Ability to adapt communication style and messaging to different audiences.
- Show confidence and composure when presenting to audiences of differing levels of an organization, including executives
- Exhibits strong teamwork, customer service and organizational skills.
- Acts courageously by sharing viewpoints openly and directly with others, providing relevant and timely information and feedback, as required.
- Retain and convey a positive attitude in challenging circumstances.
- Maintain a positive demeanor during periods of uncertainty, conflict, and stress.
- Remain open to ideas; integrates multiple perspectives in decision-making.
Information Processing Capability (Factors of Complexity)
- Exercise judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
- Leverage business insights in proposing solutions and facilitating change.
- Manage multiple priorities and projects simultaneously, ensuring stakeholder expectations are managed appropriately.
- Ability to manage competing demands, accept criticism and constructive feedback, while being extremely adaptable and flexible.
- Seek out and embrace relevant perspectives when assessing a situation or deciding; demonstrate clear understanding of multiple viewpoints.
- Distill information from disparate data sources and the capability to tell the 'story' behind it, as well as recommendations for next steps.
Accepts Role Requirements
- Participation in global affinity teams to share application and pursuit experience with Global Domain Experts
- Influence and operate across a highly matrixed organization.
- Demonstrate enthusiasm for relationship building and partnership across the organization at all levels.
- Values working in a team-oriented culture and building consensus with stakeholders before making key decisions.
- Actively pursues personal continuous learning, development of skills and knowledge in job-related technical and professional areas.
- Actively participates in calls and meetings via phone or in-person, as needed.
- Travel to customers within assigned geography may be required.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (see application details).