Sodexo is seeking a Part-Time RD to join the team at Munson Medical Center. This position will work approximately 24 hours per week, with the opportunity to flex up, in an inpatient and outpatient settings. Will use Munson's virtual platform in the outpatient setting.
Here is look at your key responsibilities and qualifications we are seeking in a Registered Dietitian:
- Delivers an extraordinary patient experience via patient empowered care; goes above and beyond the concept of excellence in health care.
- Demonstrates competency in Enteral Nutrition Support practices.
- Demonstrates competency in Nutrition Focused Physical Assessment to support the Malnutrition platform.
- Provides individualized, evidence-based nutrition care in the Inpatient setting in relation to the patient's diagnosis, treatment, age group, nutrition status and other assessed parameters.
- Practices the Nutrition Care Process with proficiency in ADIME charting in the EMR.
- Provides patient education to prevent 30-day readmissions.
- Collaborates with the interdisciplinary team individually and in meetings/rounding in recommending, implementing and monitoring nutrition interventions.
- Participates in department projects for quality improvement and strongly supports the True North mission of Munson Healthcare.
- Participates in driving the Quality/ Health Care Team programs provided including the Enhanced Recovery After Surgery Program and the Readmission Reduction Program.
- Provides professional and staff education to ensure the safe management and care of patients and families.
- May provide written and verbal information at professional conferences and seminars.
- Acts as a mentor to students and new dietitians.
- Engages in the development of clinical knowledge and skills through self-assessment and identification of growth areas.
- Demonstrates the ability to remain adaptable and flexible, including evenings and weekends, to best meet patient, client and business needs.
- Works within professional scope of practice and demonstrates regulatory compliance.
- Maintains a positive attitude, strong work ethic, and willingness approach to additional duties as assigned.
- Demonstrates competency in software applications.
This position requires ability to flex in hours to meet the business needs and may require travel to other system facilities.
Come join the Sodexo team at Munson Medical Center and be a part making a difference in health and well-being of its residents and patients.
Responsible for providing direct comprehensive nutrition services
-Directs nutrition care of special needs population to ensure nutrition needs and customer satisfaction levels are met.
-Maintains and develops client relationships and client satisfaction to ensure account retention.
-Manages, promotes, and educates others on food and nutrition programs according to Sodexo standards and policy.
-Collaborates and communicates with culinary and clinical departments on established processes, special diets, and menu requests and probes potential problems and apprises manager of status on resolution of problems or issues, using appropriate Sodexo resource when necessary.
-Ensures compliance with all federal, state and local regulations as well as Sodexo/client policies and procedures (e.g. Health Dept., HIPAA/Privacy Act, Joint Commission, quality assurance, safety, operations, and personnel) by keep abreast of the most recent nutrition-related trends, research, policy, certifications, and standards of practice.
-Establishes operating standards, implements quality improvements and communicates them to other departments..
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor's Degree
Basic Functional Experience - 1 year work experience in health care including hospitals, nursing homes, assisted or independent living facilities, long-term care, retirement homes, or clinics + registered dietitian
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.