ImOn Communications is the LOCAL choice for cable TV, high-speed Internet and phone service. We value the relationships we have with colleagues, customers, and members of our community and look forward to serving Eastern Iowa for many years to come. As we expand our service availability we are looking for a Senior Systems Analyst to be a part of the ImOn Difference! Our employees share a passion for building a culture of “Creating Connections One Person at a Time” and fostering a fun and rewarding work environment.
The Senior Systems Analyst works as member of the IT Infrastructure team to run systems to support our growing Telecommunications business for our Internal Associates, Customers and Partners. This individual is responsible for bringing together hardware, software, and support to provide the right combination of cost, resiliency, and features for the solution.
Essential Job Responsibilities for Primary Functional Area of Accountability
· Responsible for the maintenance of and providing direction for all Internal Computing Systems:
1. Active Directory including DNS, DHCP and Group Policy
2. Desktop and Server Operating Systems including Anti-Virus Protection
3. Client, Server and Database Applications including Sharepoint, Exchange and SQL
4. Backup and Recovery
· Responsible for the support and maintenance of the Enterprise Application Software designed to support the Telecommunications Billing Processes for own Retail and Wholesale Business.
1. Provide Customer Service to Associates and Partners
2. Provide first line of contact with Software Vendor
3. Provide direction to and oversight of External Consultants
· Perform complex Hardware and Software updates
1. Collaborate with Vendors as needed
· Responsible for tuning Systems for Redundancy, Performance, Security, and Data Protection.
· Responsible for the resolution of Hardware, Software and Application problems.
1. Respond to escalated Client Incidents and Requests
2. Respond to Emergency Calls during and outside of normal business hours
3. Identify Root Cause, Implement Resolution, Recommend Long-term Actions as needed
· Audit System Alerts to ensure proactive and timely resolution.
· Contribute to the documentation of procedures and guidelines for internal team use.
1. Ensure that documents are kept up-to-date
· Act as a Technical Project Leader for complex and/or long duration initiatives.
· Make recommendations on Technological Direction.
· Contribute to the annual budget process.
· All Other Duties as Assigned.
We are looking for someone who has:
Advanced understanding and working experience with:
· Hardware Installation, Configuration and Support (Desktops, Servers, Storage, VMware)
· MS SQL Database
· IIS Servers and Websites
· Office 365, Exchange, & Share point configuration
· Asset Management Tools and Practices
· Project Risk, Cost and Time Management
Expert understanding of and working experience with:
· Windows Operating Systems
· Microsoft Active Directory and Group Policy
· Windows Update Services, Print Server Administration
· Microsoft Remote Desktop Services
· Antivirus Tools and Remediation
· Remote Access (VPN)
· Enterprise Software Deployment and Configuration including Automation via scripting
· Backup Hardware/Software
· Networking as it relates to Server/Storage
· Security as it relates to Server/Storage
· Virtualization as it relates to Server/Storage
· Troubleshooting techniques: Operating System, Application System, Hardware/Software
· Technology-leading principles and methodologies
Required Experience, Training, and Special Qualifications
· Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field or equivalent work experience.
· Strong organizational and communication skills.
· Excellent attention to detail with proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
· Ability to function independently and efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
· Must be team-oriented, friendly and personable with strong focus on customer service.
In addition to competitive pay, ImOn also offers health & dental insurance, 401(k), discounted Cable, Internet & Phone services, and additional perks such as FREE vision insurance, FREE life insurance as well as FREE short term/long term disability, vacation & holiday pay, and community volunteer opportunities.