ImOn Communications is the LOCAL choice for cable TV, high-speed Internet and phone service. We value the relationships we have with colleagues, customers, and members of our community and look forward to serving Eastern Iowa for many years to come. As we expand our service availability we are looking for a Voice Engineer to be a part of the ImOn Difference! Our employees share a passion for building a culture of “Creating Connections One Person at a Time” and fostering a fun and rewarding work environment.
The Voice Engineer will support ImOn Communications Data and VOIP networks through complex translations, maintenance, testing, troubleshooting and service provisioning of data and VOIP networks.
Essential Job Responsibilities for Primary Functional Area of Accountability
- Working with management to facilitate accurate and timely implementation of new circuits, network elements and implementation of complex trunking projects.
- Working with management to facilitate accurate and timely implementation of new translations.
- Understanding and implementing security best practices as it relates to VoIP services.
- Provisioning, turning up and troubleshooting SIP Trunks and PRI circuits.
- Preforming advanced troubleshooting and problem resolution to diagnose basic and complex call routing problems in a TDM and VoIP based network.
- Performing routine checks and proactive monitoring all assigned voice related servers and systems.
- Performing documentation and reporting.
- Train and support Wholesale Engineering staff on SIP, PRI and HPBX product development.
- Become familiar with all Voice, Video and Data technologies and participate in department on-call rotation.
- Assist other department team members with their duties as needed.
- Provide level III support to the ImOn NOC.
- Provide recommendations for and participate in the design, budget, documentation and training for all functions of this position.
We're looking for someone who is:
- Quality: Able to maintain high standards despite pressing deadlines; establish high standards and measures; do work right the first time and inspect material for flaws; test new methods thoroughly; reinforce excellence as fundamental priority.
- Customer Focus: Able to demonstrate a high level of service delivery; do what is necessary to ensure customer satisfaction; deal with service failures and prioritize customer needs.
- Attention to Detail: Able to be alert in high-risk environment; follow detailed procedures and ensure accuracy in documentation and date; carefully monitor gauges, instruments, or processes; concentrate on routine work details, and organize and maintain a system of records.
- Relationship Management: Able to develop a rapport with others and recognize their concerns and feelings; build and maintain long-term associations based on trust; help others.
- Must be self-motivated, well organized and have the ability to work independently.
- Must be adaptable to rapidly changing work environments with the ability to keep up with industry trends and technology advancements.
- Must have the ability to communicate professionally while maintaining problem ownership and accountability.
- Must be a team player and maintain a high level of customer satisfaction.
Required Experience, Training, and Special Qualifications
- College degree or equivalent experience plus 5 -7 years’ experience in telecommunications and/or networking environment is required.
- Working knowledge of Metaswitch Class 5 switching, TDM multiplexing and digital access cross-connect systems.
- Working knowledge of call routing, local number portability, SS7 networking and traffic management.
- Ability to understand, configure and support hosted PBX lines and CPE equipment to best meet the needs of the customer.
- Extensive knowledge of soft-switch technology and utilization within a telecommunications environment.
- Extensive knowledge of Class 5 switch database administration and provisioning.
- Proficiency with routing and charging concepts as applied to Class 5 voice switches.
- Proficiency with SS7 networks and understanding of the Local Exchange Routing Guide.
In addition to competitive pay, ImOn also offers health & dental insurance, 401(k), discounted Cable, Internet & Phone services, and additional perks such as FREE vision insurance, FREE life insurance as well as FREE short term/long term disability, vacation & holiday pay, and community volunteer opportunities.