* Clean restrooms/locker rooms so that they are maintained in a sanitary, hygienic condition.
* Clean offices, classrooms, hallways, office corridors, stairways, entrances and public lounges.
* Monitor equipment, light fixtures and general building conditions to ensure all are in safe working order.
* Perform restorative tasks throughout the year so that areas are maintained in a safe and clean fashion.
* Adhere to all safety regulations defined by the City, Federal, State and University codes.
* Perform other related GMW duties when needed.
* Complete and track preventative maintenance tasks.
* Perform other duties as assigned to ensure the smooth functioning of the department and maintain the reputation of the organization as a viable business partner.
- Different types of flooring/floor covering sufficient to determine proper methods of maintenance and appropriate cleaning methods, materials, agents and equipment.
- Chemical cleaning agents such as ammonia, bleaches, scouring agents and soaps sufficient to appropriately select the agent(s), handle and apply, and dispose of safely.
- Methods, tools, and equipment used in maintenance sufficient to use effectively and operate safely and to make minor repairs.
- Physical health and endurance sufficient to perform work functions.
- Ability to follow simple oral and written instructions.
- Perform assigned tasks with limited work direction.
- Ability to keep simple records.
Preferred Qualifications:* Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team
* Demonstrated ability to work alone
* General knowledge of computer use
* Experience working with people of diverse backgrounds
* Customer service and interpersonal skills
* Possess Pool Operator Certification or willingness to obtain
Repetitive bending and/or twisting, reaching overhead, lifting up to 50 pounds, kneeling frequently, sweeping, mopping, shoveling snow, performing minor repairs and working in enclosed areas.
In accordance with the Minnesota State Colleges & Universities (MnSCU) Vehicle Fleet Safety Program, employees driving on college/university business who use a rental or state vehicle shall be required to conform to MnSCUs vehicle use criteria and consent to a Motor Vehicle Records check.
Click "apply" to apply online & search 43978
Accepting applications through October 14, 2021
Please contact Paul Smith at
218.477.4604 or email
firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.