Facilities Building Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Posted: Sep 30, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200291944
In RE&D, we don't sit back and let things happen, we make things happen, and we do this in service to all Apple employees and customers. Our team is a diverse and forward-thinking group that manages Apple's workplaces and workplace services. We develop and manage Apple's global real estate portfolio, lead all related capital construction projects, provide outstanding facilities and site services, develop and lead sustainability initiatives to reduce the environmental impact of all Apple facilities, including commute and renewable energy programs, and do everything we can to ensure the health and safety of all Apple personnel, facilities, and customers in our facilities around the world. We are seeking an experienced, collaborative, and highly motivated facilities professional to join our team as a Facilities Building Manager in Santa Clara Valley.
- 3 - 5 years of demonstrated ability related to workplace management and customer service.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a changing, high growth environment.
- Must be comfortable collaborating with all levels of the organization and working cross functionally on a variety of Facilities projects.
- Works with peers and management to promote and maintain a collaborative workplace.
- Expertise in verbal and written communication with customers groups and all levels in the organization.
- Experience in planning, coordination and executing multiple client needs.
- Skilled in developing and maintaining excellent working relationships with the team and customers.
- Adjusts quickly to changing priorities and conditions. Thrives in a complex and changing environment.
- Thinks critically and creatively about how to regularly improve process and operations.
- Very proactive, responsive, and upbeat with strong organizational skills.
The Facilities Building Manager provides a central resource to building occupant groups for Facilities services and support. Collaborates with SCV Site Services teams including Space Planning, Shipping, Receiving, & Mail, Reprographics, the Print Program, Corporate Conference Center and Reception & Badge Services and Operation and Maintenance. Responsibilities
The Facilities Building Manager will assist with the oversight of multiple facilities spread across Santa Clara Valley.
Overall responsibility for overseeing the implementation of policies, procedures, and programs that will assure well-managed, well-maintained buildings and facilities.
Manages and maintains work environment; this includes office furniture/layout so there is consistency across all sites.
Work side-by-side with RE&D partners such as Project Management, Real Estate, Commute and Environmental, Health and Safety.
Advocate customer needs internally to continuously improve the customer experience through product and process.
Manages major relocations of people and labs including reconfigurations, new building construction and internal building shuffles.
Continuously evaluate and identify innovative ways to streamline processes.
Ensure questions, concerns and suggestions are addressed in a timely manner.
Communicate to building occupants information regarding events, closures, construction and other building impacts.
Familiarization with tools such as Integrated Workplace Management Solutions, service request management, MS Office/iWork and Box.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's Degree preferred