AI/ML - Sr Data Application Manager - AI/ML Data
Seattle , Washington , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Sep 30, 2021
Role Number: 200294778
Play a part in the next revolution in human-computer interaction. Contribute to a product that is redefining mobile and desktop computing, and work with the people who built the intelligent assistant that helps millions of people get things done - just by asking! The vision for the AI/ML Data organization is to improve AI/ML products by using data as the voice of our customers. Within this organization the mission of the Siri Data Analytics team is to inform the evolution of Siri through measurement and analysis of the user experience. As a Data Application Manager on the team you will lead a team of front-end engineers to develop data products that will inform product and engineering teams at scale, with the ultimate purpose of improving the Siri experience for Apple customers.
- Knowledgeable about Superset, Tableau and other data visualization tools
- Experience designing and developing APIs.
- Proven software development background in one of the disciplines listed above: Backend, Mobile, UX, or Web Development. Comfortable diving into the code and interacting with developers at all levels of seniority.
- In-depth knowledge of scalable data stack (Hive/Presto, Spark SQL, Druid, Solr) and can converse competently with data engineers and application backend engineers.
- Familiarity with distributed and highly available systems at scale.
- Persistence in exploring green fields and building something from scratch.
- Comfort working with senior stakeholders (Director level and up) with strong communication skills. Can evangelize with convictions!
- Proven team leadership skills, your management skills and technical depth allow you to develop and mentor others. Build credibility with your team, while executing broader engineering strategies.
* Manage a team and help them prioritize, build, and ship the most impactful data applications * As a member of the Siri data leadership, you will build a composite roadmap that reflects your vision given the priorities in the different areas and continuously rebalance the teams to react to changes in the surrounding condition. * Work on problems with your team, roll up your sleeves, form an opinion and advocate for engineering-specific roadmap items * Work with product, UX, client and server engineers to discover the best solutions for our internal product users * Build your team, both through internal development and external hiring
Education & Experience
- We are looking for people with a track record in building products and relationships to affect decisions. Join us, and impact hundreds of millions of customers across billions of their interactions with a personal, intelligent assistant who is available on iPhone, iPad, HomePod, Mac, AppleWatch, CarPlay, and Appletv across more than 30 languages.
- Apple's most important resource, our soul, is our people. Apple benefits help further the well-being of our employees and their families in meaningful ways. No matter where you work at Apple, you can take advantage of our health and wellness resources and time-away programs. We're proud to provide stock grants to employees at all levels of the company, and we also give employees the option to buy Apple stock at a discount - both offer everyone at Apple the chance to share in the company's success. You'll discover many more benefits of working at Apple, such as programs that match your charitable contributions, reimburse you for continuing your education and give you special employee pricing on Apple products.
- Apple benefits programs vary by country and are subject to eligibility requirements.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Apple is a drug-free workplace.