Product Design Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Posted: Sep 30, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200294255
As a member of a multi-functional design team at Apple, you will help to create the next generation of the world's finest mobile devices. You will conceive, design, and bring into production products that will re-define the mobile experience. You will work closely with many different cross functional teams including Industrial Design, Hardware Engineering, Antenna, Reliability, Packaging, Safety and Marketing. You should have significant prior experience in Unigraphics and/or Pro-E, be extremely well organized and able to balance numerous program needs simultaneously. Your excellent communication and social skills will help you to quickly grasp issues and drive the appropriate developments to resolution. This role affords you the opportunity to interface significantly with other departments within Apple and external partners. We do work in a dynamic environment and which will require you to quickly find creative, dynamic solutions. The people who work here have reinvented entire industries with the Mac, iPhone, iPad, and Apple TV, as well as four generations of Apple Watch. We have done the same with services, including iTunes, the App Store, Apple Music, and Apple Pay. The same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices - strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it. You should join us to help deliver the next groundbreaking Apple product.
- Experience in mechanical design (preferably internships or working experience in consumer electronics).
- Demonstrated ability in plastic and metal part design.
- Handheld/portable device experience.
- Experience in Design for Manufacturability (DFM), and Design for Assembly (DFA), statistical tolerance analysis techniques, functional dimensioning, and geometric tolerancing.
- Experience with component modules (LCD, batteries, camera modules, etc.) and interconnects (FPC design and ACF bonding), a big plus
- Integration of wireless antenna (GSM, GPS, Wifi) into mechanical enclosures, a big plus
- Integration of electrical subsystems (LCD, microphone, speaker, receiver, camera)
- Unigraphics fluency desirable.
- Experience working with overseas manufacturers, a big plus
- Mandarin language skills a benefit.
- The ability to travel internationally (20%+).
You will be working with many internal teams and contract partners, leading Design integration and architecture efforts. You will demonstrate creativity in problem solving, ability to think dynamically and outside of standard convention, and adapt quickly to new technical areas. We promote innovation and new technology to further improve Apple's hardware performance and user experience.
Drive industry with advanced package solutions and specs
Education & Experience
BS degree with an emphasis in Mechanical Engineering, with at least 2 years of related industry experience