Noise & Vibration Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Posted: Sep 30, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200293728
At Apple, new ideas have a way of quickly becoming extraordinary products, services and customer experiences. Sound is an essential and compelling facet of the customer experience - Apple has assembled a world-class Acoustics team that enables our customers to experience music with delight, communicate with clarity and appreciate our products without disturbance from noise. In Apple Acoustics we work with obsessive attention to detail, directly contributing to products that ship to millions of people around the world. Apple's Noise & Vibration team designs, validates and solves problems in our hardware products to minimize audible noise and optimize customer experience. We work daily with multi-functional teams to discover innovative solutions to complex engineering challenges. We are looking for a Noise & Vibration engineer to join our team!
- Knowledge of acoustics and vibration principles and how motion of mechanical systems turns into radiated noise.
- Acoustic and vibration measurement skills with experience making measurements in anechoic/hemi-anechoic chambers.
- Fundamental knowledge of how voltage potential and current can lead to vibration.
- Accomplished listener with excellent hearing over the audible frequency range.
- Creative problem solver who thrives in a fast-paced multi-tasking environment.
- Ability to learn new coding languages and navigate datasets.
- Useful but not required: history of high-volume consumer electronics, experience with ultra low-noise measurements and a background in electromagnetic, electrical engineering, and\or circuit design.
As an electronic Noise & Vibration engineer you will author SOPs, test plan and specifications. You will quantify noises, facilitate user studies, establish thresholds in lab and factory environments. These will enable you to educate multi-functional teams to implement known standard methodologies and run studies to learn new best practices. The analysis of the validation work that you will lead will help you to better understand root causes of various problems. You will work closely with partner facilities overseas but will need to travel minimally.
Education & Experience
Most of our engineers have advanced degrees in Acoustics or equivalent field, but if you've followed a different path to expertise in Acoustics Engineering, we still want to hear from you.