OS Integration QA Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Sep 29, 2021
Role Number: 200293329
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish! The Central QA team is seeking an Integration QA Engineer to help ensure new iOS and macOS features are Apple-caliber and deliver a superior user experience. We're looking for highly-versatile QA engineers to play a key role in qualifying new and cross- functional technologies. Our team works in a fast-paced environment that relies heavily on strong communication and a tight relationship between Engineering and interdepartmental QA teams. You will be working closely with QA teams across the company to understand the quality plan for a new feature, build and run integration cases on a regular cadence, analyze quality data and report on the viability of that feature from initial implementation to feature completion. If you have a passion to qualify Apple's software releases and ensure high-quality customer experience, we would like to hear from you!
- 5+ years of experience crafting, maintaining and executing test plans at all application layers.
- Extensive experience with different testing methodologies like blackbox, integration testing, stability/stress testing.
- Experience leading testing/QA, with emphasis on planning and managing cross-functional testing.
- Adept at writing actionable bug reports using software like Bugzilla and Jira.
- Skilled at debugging, troubleshooting, and critical thinking on bug prioritization.
- A great teammate with the ability to act as a mentor and peer leader.
- Proficient at balancing multiple efforts simultaneously and meeting strict deadlines.
- Easily adaptable in a dynamic, constantly evolving, and demanding environment.
This position requires a self-motivated individual with strong technical and communication skills. Your responsibilities will include manual and automated functional testing of first-party applications on iOS and macOS, design and implementation of test plans and test cases, risk analysis, prioritizing and escalating critical bugs, and integration testing across Apple platforms.
Education & Experience
BS in computer science or equivalent experience
- Working side-by-side with developers and peers to author and execute manual test.
- Escalating critical bugs and working with developer to prioritize fixes.
- Determining issue priority including reproduction steps, scope and customer impact.
- Coordinating test efforts across multiple teams for major new features.
- Experience with automation tool and frameworks in one or more scripting/programming languages including Python or Swift is a big plus.
- Experience with using databases for data storage, manipulation and retrieval, including SQL or Postgres is a plus.