ITTA Learning Spaces Technical Associate
The position assists with the management of the equipment, facilities, scheduling, staffing and deployment of systems in classrooms, computer labs and computer resource centers.
· Assists with managing all Macomb campus computer classrooms, labs and computer resource centers, consisting of approximately macOS and Windows computers, including hardware, software, equipment, and facilities maintenance.
· Assists with creating and maintaining operating system images, applications, and other software for Windows and macOS computers using SCCM, DeployStudio and Apple Remote Desktop through recommendations and research.
· Troubleshoots, maintains, and repairs printers, scanners, and other hardware in all labs and computing resource centers.
· Provides tier I and II support to end users by troubleshooting, maintaining, configuring, and installing operating systems; applications; anti-virus; network clients; and a variety of hardware, including various types of peripherals and software necessary to support their operation.
· Assists with developing and maintaining technical and operational documentation and process improvements for classrooms, labs and CRCs.
· Assists in providing training, subject matter expertise and support to tier I Technology Support Services staff to improve first contact resolution of classroom and lab issues.
· Assists in maintaining proper inventory levels in classrooms, labs and CRCs.
· Assists with student payroll.
· Assists with the coordination of student employees, including scheduling, staffing, and input on performance.
· Assists with computer lab technology standards, guidance, and processes, based on best practices, data, and evaluation.
· Keeps accurate and timely record of activities performed in designated department application.
· Maintains basic level understanding of networking, infrastructure, hardware, various operating systems, and software.
· Maintains current knowledge of University business services, policies, and procedures.
· Provides support for Desktop & Hardware Services area of unit.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
High school graduation or equivalent
Any combination totaling two (2) years from the following categories:
- progressively more responsible work experience in an Information Technology (IT) related profession
- college course work which included Information Technology (IT), IT Management, or a closely related discipline, as measured by the following conversion table or its proportional equivalent:
- 60 semester hours or Associate's Degree equals one (1) year
- 90-120 semester hours or Bachelor's Degree equals two (2) years
Additional education, training, and/or work experience in an area of specialization inherent to the position may be required.
Western Illinois University is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity employer with a strong commitment to diversity. In that spirit, we are particularly interested in receiving applications from a broad spectrum of people, including, but not limited to, minorities, women and individuals with disabilities. WIU has a non-discrimination policy that includes sex, race, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, marital status, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and any other classes protected by state or federal law.