OpenTable, part of Booking Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ: BKNG), powers reservations for the hospitality industry. OpenTable's software seats more than 1 billion people per year and helps more than 60,000 restaurants, bars, wineries and other venues attract guests, manage capacity, improve operations and maximize revenue.
As an employee of OpenTable, you will be part of a global network that includes OpenTable and KAYAK's portfolio of metasearch brands including Swoodoo, checkfelix, momondo, Cheapflights, Mundi and HotelsCombined. Many employees are dedicated to one brand, but we all have the benefit of using each other's strengths and insights. Together, we're able to help people experience the world through dining and travel.
Reporting to the Team Lead, the Sales Development Representative will have responsibility for initiatives that increase sales effectiveness and efficiency. We are looking for individuals that are passionate about the restaurant industry, highly organized, and thrive in a fast-paced work environment! Sales Development Representatives work together with the Field Sales team to sign new restaurants to the OpenTable Network.
In this role, you will:
- Generate sales leads.
- Assist with sales prospecting both on the phone and in-person to schedule appointments for Account Executives in your assigned region.
- Respond to lead generation programs as they are developed by the Restaurant Marketing team.
- Build and distribute sales messages to restaurant prospects using targeted email marketing.
- Provide general sales support to your region of the North American sales team.
- Ensure lead handoffs to Account Executives are successful, and exceed customer's satisfaction.
- Accurate reporting of all activity, including use of Salesforce.com and monthly/quarterly preparation of reports.
- Maintain a high level of company knowledge and insight into restaurant industry trends.
- Some travel required for market research and sales initiatives.
Please apply if:
- 1-2 years of work experience
- Proficient in both English and Spanish (spoken & written)
- Inside or outside sales experience
- Restaurant industry experience
- College degree preferred
- OpenTable software experience a plus
- Experience using Salesforce of equivalent CRM solution
- PC and various software applications (including Excel, PowerPoint and online meeting solutions)
Other Skills and Abilities
- Excellent knowledge of the company's products, software pricing practices and negotiating skills
- Professional appearance and presentation required
- Excellent communication, listening, and influencing skills
- Shown ability to work across many departments to tackle problems and achieve results
- Analytical skills to make and support business decisions
- Excellent organization, documentation and time management skills
- Comfortable working in an unstructured and ambitious environment
- Generous paid vacation
- Day off on your birthday
- Company matched retirement plans
- Health, dental and vision insurance plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Headspace Subscription
- Drinks, coffee, snacks, games
- Flexible hours
- Universal Paid Parental leave
Diversity and Inclusion
We aspire to have a workplace that reflects all of the diverse communities we serve. We know that when we have diverse teams we produce more creative ideas, products, and better outcomes for our team members. OpenTable/KAYAK is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we welcome and encourage candidates from all backgrounds and experiences to apply for roles on our team. Whoever you are, just be you.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform job responsibilities, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.