Sodexo has an exciting opportunity for a
Director, Government Contracts
This is a remote-based role. Candidates can be based in any US location.
About Sodexo's Government Segment: We are a federal contractor within Sodexo and have a business portfolio of approximately $450 million in revenue and our star status client portfolio includes the U.S. Marine Corps, Air Force, Intelligence business and Federal Government locations throughout the United States and Guam.
Are you the one?
Do you have experience with government contracts? Are you able to build strategic relationships inside and outside of the organization, influencing leaders as well as government partners?
Sodexo Government is seeking a qualified Contracts Director, that has demonstrated skills and experience in working with the government and in-depth knowledge of various commercial and government contract types and significant working knowledge of the following regulations:
- Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR)
- Defense Federal Acquisition Regulations (DFARS)
- US Ability One Commission Regulations, and
- the Service Contract Act (SCA)
Key Tasks and Responsibilities of the Government Contract's Director:
- Plays a proactive part in developing the government segment's contract management function and takes joint responsibility for the achievement of the function's objectives.
- Provides recommendations and authoritative advice on key dependencies, risks, liabilities and opportunities in solicitations, proposals and contracts (federal, state/local and commercial).
- Undertakes contract management activities, including (but not limited to):
- Drafting contractual agreements, g., confidentiality agreements, teaming agreements, subcontracts, etc.
- Interpreting, when required, the contracted requirement, including terms and conditions and scope of work; and
- Provides active participation in the company's bids and proposal process.
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
An advanced degree from an accredited college or university (a Juris Doctor degree is preferred).
- 8+ years applicable business-related work experience
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to communicate, influence and operate effectively at all levels of the organization.
- Able to formulate negotiation strategies, carry out negotiations and problem solve.
- Displays passion, energy, drive, agility and resilience in achieving work-related goals under challenging circumstances.
Working for Sodexo:
How far will your ambition, talent, and dedication take you? Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring, and other career growth opportunities, along with the performance of organizations. We believe it is important for our work to be meaningful to all who contribute to it, and we remain faithful to our mission, our core values and the ethical principles that have guided us since 1966. We support these values and help them thrive in each employee.
We strive to make working for Sodexo a genuinely great experience with benefits to promote your professional, personal and financial well-being and to improve your Quality of Life now and into the future. Our experiences with our over 50 million customers each and every day enable us to develop Quality of Life services that reinforce the well-being of individuals, improving their effectiveness and helping companies and organizations to improve performance ... every day.
Learn more about Sodexo's operations
Learn more about Sodexo's Benefits