Foster Care Case Aide- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
Requisition #: req5798
Location: Havertown, PA
Hours: Full-time (40 hours/week)
This position is offering a $1,500 sign-on bonus.
Bethany is changing the world through family. We began our work by serving one child more than 75 years ago. Today, Bethany is an international Christian nonprofit partnering with communities in more than 30 states and in several countries around the world. We strengthen and preserve families, support displaced people fleeing danger, and find safe, loving families for children who need them. Bethany is at the forefront of creating and implementing solutions to meet the growing needs of vulnerable children and families in the U.S. and around the world.
In this position, the primary areas of responsibility are to assist the medical and case management team in the transportation of clients to appointments in the community as needed. Assist the educational team in providing transportation and supervision of children during field trips and in the classroom when not transporting children.
- Provide transportation to all medical and dental services provided for UC's;
- Provide transportation to all legal appointments which could include extensive day long court hearings;
- Ensure adequate knowledge of trauma and be willing to be trained in the Sanctuary Model of Care to ensure compliance with trauma-informed environment;
- Work closely with treatment team at all times, reporting behaviors of children as needed during transportation to foster parents and treatment team;
- Be knowledgeable in ORR policy and procedure and ensure professional boundaries are established and maintained at all times during supervision of the youth;
- Assist medical team as needed with other administrative tasks;
- Assist with transportation with intakes and discharges, may include travel to different states during reunification of child with sponsor;
- Provide interpretation as needed during appointments in the community;
- Assist in providing supervision in the classroom when needed;
- Be flexible with day to day activities, knowing expectations and activities may change on a moment's notice, be open and available to assist the teams in any way needed in providing for the needs of the children;
- Other duties as assigned;
- High School Diploma.
- Bi-lingual in Spanish and English
- Culturally sensitive and able to work with diverse minority populations
- Organizational and communication skills.
- Maintain a reliable automobile with adequate insurance coverage and at least 3 years driving experience
- Pass a criminal history screen, including state and local child protection agency registries;
- Subscription to and integration of the agency Statement of Faith, Mission Statement, and Cultural Diversity Commitment.
We value and embrace the principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion; our culture is strengthened and our workplace is more dynamic. We are a global organization with multicultural staff, clients and stakeholders, so we strive to create a workplace that reflects the communities we serve and where everyone feels empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work. More work remains, but we are deeply committed to honestly acknowledging and addressing the impacts of race and racism throughout the organization. This work can be uncomfortable and even painful, but we believe that the greatest challenges bear the greatest rewards.