Company: US1142 Buckhead Meat of Dallas, Inc.
Minimum Level of Education:Bachelors Degree
Minimum Years of Experience:7 Years
Employment Type:Full Time
Travel Percentage: 0
As a member of the Operating Company (OpCo) senior leadership team, the Human Resources Business Partner works strategically with leadership to successfully execute local, market-level, and enterprise-wide initiatives within the OpCo.
- Partner with senior management to identify and proactively develop talent through formal training, mentoring, coaching, and stretch assignments.
- Participate in succession planning to ensure talent is available and ready to assume positions of greater responsibility both at the OpCo and elsewhere at Sysco.
- Oversee the performance management process and work with OpCo leaders on their associate reviews and evaluations.
- Provide training and consultation as necessary.
- Respond to grievances, review disciplinary programs, conduct investigations, prepare for arbitrations, and participate in union contract negotiations.
- Provide coaching and guidance to OpCo leaders and associates regarding employment issues in such areas as policy and procedure interpretation/application, dispute resolution, corrective action, leaves of absence, harassment, and terminations.
- Facilitate the Sysco Speaks Associate Survey efforts in the OpCo.
- Analyze findings and review trends with senior management and recommend actions to ensure positive organizational changes.
- Review, interpret, administer and ensure compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws, and company policies and procedures.
- Develop and maintain the OpCos Affirmative Action Program (where applicable), complete required Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) reporting and ensure Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) compliance.
- Perform investigations and prepare written responses to EEOC claims, unemployment claims, etc.
- Work with OpCo leaders to create and maintain workforce staffing plans.
- Coordinate recruiting efforts with Talent Acquisition (where applicable) to ensure that competent, diverse, and skilled workers are hired and workload levels are appropriate and maintained, and work to minimize turnover.
- Oversee all benefits and compensation policies, procedures, and programs.
- Guide benefits and compensation strategy planning and administration.
- Communicate all benefit and compensation programs to associates.
- Oversee the execution and delivery of all local training for all associates, including the supervision of a training manager (where applicable).
- Deliver leadership training for all OpCo leaders on various HR topics, including ethics, labor laws, policies, and procedures.
- Oversee administration of Sysco Interactive University programs as well as Syscos STEP program.
- Provide day-to-day direction and support to HR staff (where applicable) including proactive guidance, troubleshooting support, and issue escalation.
- Bachelors degree with major or emphasis in Human Resources, Business Administration or a closely related field
- Must be bilingual-SPANISH
- At least 7 years of exempt-level Sysco Human Resources experience; OR
- At least 7 years (10 preferred) of demonstrated strategic HR leadership and management experience.
- Knowledge of applicable laws and regulations related to HR and business practices
- Strong consultative, presentation, and business communication skills
- Valid drivers license and driving record meeting Sysco standards
Certifications, Licenses and/or Registrations
- Human Resource Certification Institute (HRCI) Professional Human Resources (PHR), Senior Professional Human Resources (SPHR), SHRM-CP, or SHRM-SCP certification preferred
- Systems Applications and Products (SAP) experience preferred
- Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Management of Personnel Resources: Motivating, developing, and directing people as they work, identifying the best people for the job.
- Being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Talking to others to convey information effectively and the ability to speak so others can understand you.
- Adjusting actions about others' actions
- Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Reading Comprehension: Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work-related documents.
- Listening to and understanding the information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Reading and understanding the information and ideas presented in writing.
- Communicating information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
- Communicating information and ideas in writing so others will understand
- Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Bringing others together and trying to reconcile differences.
- Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Applying general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
- Perceiving when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem.
- Coming up with several ideas about a topic (the number of ideas is important, not their quality, correctness, or creativity).
- The ability to sit, stand, walk and use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone to talk and hear.
- The ability to frequently sit and reach with hands and arms.
- The ability to occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- Must be able to do limited travel to Sysco facilities or operating companies.
- Must be able to utilize office equipment such as desktop/notebook computers, copiers, printers, scanners, telephones, and calculators.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Must be able to work in various indoor and outdoor climates and driving conditions.
BENEFITS INFORMATION:Candidates who start work in the months of May, June, July, August and September 2021 may be eligible for medical and prescription drug plan coverage effective on their date of hire*. Standard eligibility rules and timelines apply to all other Sysco benefits, including additional healthcare benefits options, retirement benefits, vacation, and paid sick leave. Please visit https://syscobenefits.com/careers to view additional benefits information. *Exceptions/exclusions may apply
HOW WE PROTECT OUR ASSOCIATES
Personal protective equipment and masks provided
Social distancing guidelines in place
Sanitizing, disinfecting, and cleaning procedures in place
Sysco is the global leader in foodservice distribution. With over 57,000 associates and a fleet of over 13,000 vehicles, Sysco operates approximately 326 distribution facilities worldwide and serves more than 625,000 customer locations.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. Were looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco is at the heart of food and service.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION STATEMENT:
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunityis available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.