Newport Beach , California , United States
Posted: Oct 2, 2021
Role Number: 200295215
Our creative and technical team is looking for a Senior Colorist with strong communication and leadership skills to be responsible for ensuring world class representation of color in immersive video experiences, create color profiles for new display devices and guide color pipeline and process across multiple teams. This role would be responsible for hands-on color work and for engaging and guiding 3rd-party vendors. We are seeking someone who is looking to take what they know and apply it in new and interesting ways. If innovation, and all the challenges that come along with it, is exciting rather than daunting, then this role could be a fit for you.
- Client-facing experience in DI suites or color correction facilities, working on color correction and image processing for live action film, television or other visual arts
- Experience working on color and image correction for live-action stereoscopic footage as well as a strong background in creative standard methodologies relating to color and depth
- Practical and technical knowledge of HDR and SDR delivery workflows from ACES pipelines (HLG, DolbyVision, etc.)
- Knowledge of color science, human visual perception, and color management, specifically as they relate to a color management pipeline for consistent visual experience across devices and maximum creative effect
- Written and verbal skills to lead projects and effectively collaborate with other partners around color workflow
The Senior Colorist will join an in-house post production team and support a wide variety of projects, ranging from technical tests and tool development to high-end creative projects. The ideal candidate will be comfortable balancing deadline-based creative deliverables and supporting ongoing development efforts. will guide color process from production planning all the way to delivery. They will assist in the development of an evolving color pipeline and standard methodologies for internal and external work. Their work will be hands-on and self-directed, but they will also collaborate and lead efforts within larger cross-team projects.
Education & Experience
Bachelors degree or equivalent work experience
- - Experience with spectroradiometers for display profiling and characterization
- - Practical and technical knowledge of LUTs, transforms, and image profiles and how to correctly use them for color pipeline management and/or creative look development
- - Experience with mixing high resolution, RAW and non-raw image color correction from different cameras and color sciences
- - Practical experience of moving images between scene referred and display referred environments
- - Experience with color space transform manipulation
- - Experience with multi-facility file exchange using ACES, OCIO, etc.
- - Experience with GPU, system memory, and high speed networking hardware configurations for high throughput color correction platforms such as Baselight, Nucoda, Resolve, Mistika, etc.
- - Passion for working on the cutting edge of technology to drive the best possible visual experience
- Apple's most important resource, our soul, is our people. Apple benefits help further the well-being of our employees and their families in meaningful ways. No matter where you work at Apple, you can take advantage of our health and wellness resources and time-away programs. We're proud to provide stock grants to employees at all levels of the company, and we also give employees the option to buy Apple stock at a discount - both offer everyone at Apple the chance to share in the company's success. You'll discover many more benefits of working at Apple, such as programs that match your charitable contributions, reimburse you for continuing your education and give you special employee pricing on Apple products.
- Apple benefits programs vary by country and are subject to eligibility requirements.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Apple is a drug-free workplace.