Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Machine Learning and AI
Posted: Oct 2, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200286448
Apple products create powerful personal connections with customers around the world, in many languages. Join the team responsible for the production and expansion of our international lexicons. You will help craft our products so every customer's experience across the globe is natural, effortless, and meaningful. We are looking for a highly motivated Computational Linguist/Linguistic Engineer to develop and fine-tune lexicon representations for use by Autocorrect, spellcheck, Siri, and many other purposes. At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products that enrich people's lives across the world. We are a passionate group dedicated to making sure Apple's excellence shines in all languages and regions.
- Extensive knowledge of various programming languages such as Objective-C and Python. Knowledge of other programming languages is ideal.
- Extensive knowledge of structural aspects of languages (morphology, syntax, semantics, phonology, phonetics).
- Previous experience working with language data (such as research, analysis, translation, review).
- Proficiency in at least one additional language other than English.
- Strong interpersonal skills, attention to detail, and proven ability to handle priorities are critical.
- Programmatically define grammar and transliteration rules in code. - Monitor and organize linguistically oriented tasks. - Propose meaningful dictionary content and meta-content. - Bug reporting, monitoring, and resolution. - Work cross-functionally with linguists and other engineers. - Prepare and audit data test sets. - Write guidelines and instructions for vendors and other junior linguists.
Education & Experience
Degree in Computer Science, Computational Linguistics, or other meaningful experience.
- Preferred Experience:
- - Programming for macOS and/or iOS.
- - Experience with Natural Language Processing (NLP) and strong familiarity with XML and JSON. Database knowledge is a plus.
- - Experience in software quality assurance and testing.
- - Strong knowledge and experience of internationalization and localization.
- - Software translation, localization, and/or natural language translation experience.