Business Development Manager - Wallet, Payments, and Commerce
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Oct 1, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200292450
Apple is a place where extraordinary people gather to do their best work. Together we craft products and experiences people once couldn't have imagined - and now can't imagine living without. If you're excited by the idea of making a real impact, and joining a team where we pride ourselves in being one of the most diverse and inclusive companies in the world, a career with Apple might be your dream job. The Apple Wallets, Payments, and Commerce (WPC) team is looking for a Business Development Manager to lead Payment Partnerships. As our ideal candidate, you are dynamic, goal-oriented, and able to thrive in high-change environment. In this role you will focus on managing partnerships with FinTechs, issuers or PSPs. We want you to lead end to end business development execution, including identification and screening of strategic partners, developing successful marketing programs, negotiating and closing commercial agreements. As a successful candidate, you are a results-oriented and driven individual who thrives in a fast-paced environment. You love process flows and asking "what if?" to find and problem solve before our customers do. You have a high level of integrity, energy, and sense of urgency to "make things happen". You can balance the needs of multiple teams and maintain a strong sense of empathy for your partners. Candidates should have a proven track record of building and sustaining strong, successful relationships across financial services. Applicable experience developing and scaling new business programs internationally is preferred. This is a full time position in Apple Pay and is located in our Cupertino, CA headquarters.
- Direct experience structuring partnerships with FinTechs, issuers or PSPs is desirable.
- 5-7+ years of professional experience in financial technology at either a network, issuer or PSP.
- Maximize and develop collaborative and impactful relationships with diverse portfolio of ecosystem providers to drive broad adoption of Apple Pay services and functionality.
- Deep experience negotiating business and technical terms across multiple internal and external partners.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills and ability to develop strong working relationships inside and outside of Apple.
- Strong ability to influence without authority, sell concepts internally and actively drive streamlined decision making across partners.
- Self-starter who works optimally in a dynamic environment and is comfortable managing ambiguity while delivering projects to completion with minimal oversight.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to analyze opportunities from many angles (both quantitative and qualitative), and drives appropriate performance tracking and analysis.
- Expertise building business cases around market opportunities and partnerships - including strategy development, market segmentation, competitive analysis, and financial analysis.
- A deep understanding of product marketing, financial acumen, analytical rigor and a passion for emerging mobile and web products.
- Upbeat and collaborative standout colleague who feeds off of goal setting and achievement.
- Proficiency with Apple products and applications is preferred.
Engage at very senior levels with FinTechs, issuers or PSPs. Guide executives internally and externally through partnership vision and tactical execution, including identification and screening of strategic partners, development of impactful marketing programs and successful negotiation and close of commercial agreements for Apple WPC features. Develop strategy for emerging markets to ensure initial market coverage with a plan to measurably scale adoption. Lead and partner with cross-functional teams through all aspects of partner and business case development, product requirements, negotiation, integration, testing and go-to-market launch plans. Work with Apple product and engineering teams to influence product roadmap and provide feedback from partner landscape. Provide regular communications to senior management on partnership strategy and results. Some travel required.
Education & Experience
B.A. /B.S. required, MBA preferred