Senior Backend Engineer/Data - Apple Music
New York City , New York , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Oct 1, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200242283
Imagine what you could do here. The people here at Apple don't just build products - we craft the kind of wonder that's revolutionized entire industries. It's the diversity of those people and their ideas that supports the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. This team is more than a group of engineers -- it's a group passionate about Apple Music and related products. Apple Music is the world's most complete music experience, with over 60 million songs, thousands of playlists, and daily selections from music experts for 115 countries. The team's data-driven engineers focus relentlessly on the customer experience by running worldwide experiments and analyzing usage and latency, while collaborating with Apple's product groups. As a result, you can share your favorite album from Apple Music with your friends, while enjoying access to Photos, Arcade, Apple TV+ and more, all working seamlessly together, all made just for you.
- Proficient in Java
- Experience in designing, implementing and supporting highly scalable data systems and services in Java
- More than 5 years experience in a software engineering or architect role
- Experience evaluating and designing solutions for large-scale software applications at the architectural level
- Knowledgable about distributed storage and network resources, at the level of hosts, clusters and DCs, to troubleshoot and prevent performance issues
- Experience preferred building and running large-scale data pipelines, including distributed messaging such as Kafka, data ingest to/from multiple sources to feed batch and near-realtime/streaming
- Experience preferred with low-latency NoSQL datastores
Our Data Engineering team is seeking a hardworking, performance-savvy, engineer to build out the big data platform and services, which power many of customer features - existing and new. You will be responsible for designing and implementing features that rely on processing and serving very large datasets with an awareness of scalability. This will include crafting systems to model, ingest, process and compute large-scale, mission-critical data across Apple Music and related applications. High-throughput and reliability are critical. This is your opportunity to help engineer highly transparent global-scale systems with petabytes of data, supporting hundreds of millions of users!
Education & Experience
Bachelors degree in Computer Science, or equivalent experience.