Engineering Project Manager- Product Design (Mechanical Engineering)
Austin , Texas , United States
Posted: Sep 30, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200293069
The PD Engineering Program Manager is responsible for the technical management of engineering development projects within Apple's Product Design organization. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of enabling large cross-functional teams to deliver mechanically integrated consumer electronic systems quickly and with high quality. They will understand the who, what and how of hardware development, create and manage the program plan, and successfully execute it while balancing several competing objectives and ambitious deliverable timelines.
- Prior experience (ideally 2-5+ years) leading program management or mechanical engineering design of rapid development products comprising multiple materials of high aesthetic quality.
- Strong technical background with knowledge of manufacturing processes and mechanical engineering fundamentals; prior experience with metal stamping, forging, machining (CNC), die casting, plastic injection and compression molding, metal injection molding (MIM) is highly desirable
- Resilience and flexibility when faced with uncertainty and changes in direction
- Self motivated with strong critical thinking capabilities
- Insane attention to detail and ability to effectively handle complexity!
- Excellent communication, organization and leadership skills with ability to inspire team members; ability to filter and distill relevant information for the right audience
- Experience collaborating across multiple teams spanning Mechanical Engineering and Design, Systems Engineering, Reliability, Operations, and Marketing
Support product definition and drive closure of architecture and technical opens in early stages of a project Establish and manage program feature baseline, scheduling, budget, critical paths, and technology risk areas for execution through final delivery of the product Identify and highlight technical risk areas and mitigation strategies in partnership with impacted teams Understand technical issues and drive them to closure by bringing together key partners for decision making Offer multiple levels of status across a wide spectrum of individual contributors to executive management Enable the development effort by creating and monitoring an efficient, streamlined process Drive drawing releases and tooling kickoff with PD Engineering team and the vendors to meet ambitious schedules Plan and execute prototype builds, directing factory operations and cross functional teams Lead communication between project teams and external vendors. Note international travel (up to 30%) is required (post COVID restrictions)
Education & Experience
BS ME degree required, MS or MBA desired
- Apple's most important resource, our soul, is our people. Apple benefits help further the well-being of our employees and their families in meaningful ways. No matter where you work at Apple, you can take advantage of our health and wellness resources and time-away programs. We're proud to provide stock grants to employees at all levels of the company, and we also give employees the option to buy Apple stock at a discount - both offer everyone at Apple the chance to share in the company's success. You'll discover many more benefits of working at Apple, such as programs that match your charitable contributions, reimburse you for continuing your education and give you special employee pricing on Apple products.
- Apple benefits programs vary by country and are subject to eligibility requirements.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Apple is a drug-free workplace.