The NSA Story
The National Security Agency (NSA) exists to obtain insight into foreign adversaries' plans and intentions and protect our U.S. cybersecurity interests. We provide national security insights and threat warnings to government decision-makers and eradicate cybersecurity threats.
How You Can Contribute
Do you love to negotiate a win-win, desire to impact national security, and enjoy the idea of overseeing multi-million dollar acquisitions? Contracting specialists at NSA acquire commercial goods and services that allow the agency to collect foreign intelligence and protect national security systems. From purchasing comfortable kennels for NSA's working dogs to acquiring the latest and greatest computer technology, contracting professionals are the only people authorized to buy goods and services on NSA's behalf. Start a career where you become a steward of taxpayer dollars, seeking the greatest return that money can provide: the safety and security of our nation and its citizens.
- Designing acquisition strategies to meet the government's needs through the most appropriate contracting method
- Conducting market research
- Preparing and issuing Requests for Proposal (RFP) and Requests for Quote (RFQ)
- Evaluating proposals from potential contractors/vendors
- Negotiating contract terms with selected contractors/vendors
- Evaluating procurements to ensure compliance with funding, legal, and program requirements
- Preparing and awarding contracts with supporting documentation in accordance with Federal Acquisition Regulations and NSA policy
- Administering contracts to include issuing modifications, and monitoring performance, and ensuring payment is issued
- Solving complex and unique challenges that arise throughout the life of a contract
- If not already completed, training in federal acquisition to become certified in Contracting under the Defense Acquisition Workforce Improvement Act within 24 months of employment
The Ideal Candidate
We're looking for someone who:
- Loves to learn
- Is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Can juggle multiple priorities and deadlines
- Possesses strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Enjoys problem-solving and strategic-thinking
Pay, Benefits, & Work Schedule
Monday - Friday, with basic 8hr/day work requirements between 0600 and 1800 (flexible).
How To Apply - External
To apply for this position, please click the 'Apply' button located at the top right of this posting. After completing the application for the first time, or reviewing previously entered information, and clicking the 'Submit' button, you will receive a confirmation email. Please ensure your spam filters are configured to accept emails from (see application details).
***PLEASE NOTE: U.S. Citizenship is required for all applicants. Reasonable accommodations provided to applicants with disabilities during the application and hiring process where appropriate. NSA is an equal opportunity employer and abides by applicable employment laws and regulations. All applicants and employees are subject to random drug testing in accordance with Executive Order 12564. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a security background investigation and polygraph.
This position is a Defense Civilian Intelligence Personnel System (DCIPS) position in the Excepted Service under 10 U.S.C. 1601. DoD Components with DCIPS positions apply Veterans' Preference to eligible candidates as defined by Section 2108 of Title 5 USC, in accordance with the procedures provided in DoD Instruction 1400.25, Volume 2005, DCIPS Employment and Placement. If you are a veteran claiming veterans' preference, as defined by Section 2108 of Title 5 U.S.C., you may be asked to submit documents verifying your eligibility.
Please note that you may be asked a series of questions depending on the position you apply for. Your responses will be used as part of the screening process of your application and will assist in determining your eligibility for the position. Be sure to elaborate on experiences in your resume. Failure to provide the required information or providing inaccurate information will result in your application not being considered for this position. Only those applicants who meet the qualifications for the position will be contacted to begin employment processing.
Please Note: Job Posting could close earlier than the closing date due to sufficient number of applicants or position no longer available. We encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
The National Security Agency (NSA) is part of the DoD Intelligence Community Defense Civilian Intelligence Personnel System (DCIPS). All positions in the NSA are in the Excepted Services under 10 United States Codes (USC) 1601 appointment authority.
See job description