Location: Devens - Massachusetts
Team lead of the Mechanical design function, Devens MA. Analyze, synthesize & design of complex electronics packaging of power electronics and hardware systems which are incorporated in new product lines for Motion control products. Responsible for the processes used by the Mechanical Engineering Teams in the design, analysis, and development of product packaging, including the development of custom plastic, sheet and cast metal parts, thermal management systems, PCB connector specification and wire harness design. Responsible for assisting in the staffing of mechanical engineers across the product development programs, reporting to the Motion drives management. Responsible for processes and procedures relative to the mechanical design function, including generating requirements, design specifications, implementation plans, and the design execution of product hardware families while directing multiple engineer's activities to support the successful execution of those designs. Responsible for assisting in the career growth of mechanical engineers within the group.
- Responsible for Project work 75% of the role; the other 25% is Team Leadership & Resource Development
- Develops training processes and tools for all aspects of the role and ensures continued development of individuals
- Executes strategy, leveraging multiple internal, external, direct, and indirect relationships
- Provide resource assignment to ensure full utilization of resources and alignment to their continued development in role.
- Support assignments and allocate work to their reports based on project priorities, project schedule
- Exhibits good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good levels of emotional intelligence and ability to inspire, lead, and ensure accountability and performance
- Resilient; pursues tasks with drive and a sense of urgency. Consistently moves problems toward resolution; helps others do the same
- Committed to developing strong relationships and collaborative partnerships. Supports the goals and initiatives of the Motion businesses and functional support organizations.
- Passionate about leading and developing teams; track record of developing and promoting key talent
- Stays current in the state of the art, technologies, and talent
Information Processing Capability (Factors of Complexity)
- Able to plan 3 months out at a very detailed level and 6 months out at a strategic level.
- Overseeing multiple programs simultaneously in addition to resource allocation responsibilities
Accepts Role Requirements
- Domestic & International travel of approximately 10%
- Holds accountability for performance and results
- Ability to operate, respond, and work in multiple time zones as required
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent degree or education
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Up to 10 % travel
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in engineering
- Minimum of 2 years in a project leadership or team leadership
- Proven ability to influence change and build effective partnerships
- Proficient in the use of CREO (Pro-Engineer), Ice-Pak, ANSYS FEA analysis tools, DFSS and Six Sigma tools.
- Proficient in design and analysis for shock and vibration requirements.
- Expert in processes for injection molding, metal fabrication, material selection and tolerance analysis.
- Familiar with Design for Six Sigma Design Processes & principles of statistical analysis and problem / solution selection.
- Responsible for the team's complete design and implementation documentation as specified by the Common Development Processes and associated with functional process requirements.
- Must understand and support the practice of laboratory procedures for the safe and efficient use of electronic instrumentation, electrical power, rotating electrical machinery, model shop equipment and general laboratory cleanliness.
- Analyze and divide a large-sized project into tasks, schedule these tasks, and be the technical leader in the cost-effective implementation of the tasks, assuming responsibility and accountability for the timely completion of the tasks.
This position is part of a job family. Experience will be the determining factor for position level and compensation
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (see application details).