Employer Name: MAXIMUS, Inc.
Position Title: Engineer 3 – Middleware (Siebel)
Location: Rancho Cordova, CA
I: Essential Job Functions:
- Focus on Siebel and OBIEE administrations, provides expertise in the areas of application server installation, upgrades, patches, tuning, performance monitoring, troubleshooting, application deployments, container management, support and documentation of standards, environments and procedures for the administration of all supported environments levering the Oracle Siebel and OBIEE solutions;
- Performing requirement gathering, conducting feasibility study, managing resources and planning for Siebel Enterprise architecture setup and recommending sizing of the hardware (CPU, Memory, Disk space etc.) based on the business requirement for software development;
- Setting up Siebel environments such as Production, Disaster Recovery, User Acceptance Test, Training, Regression Test, System Integration Test & Development including the installation of Application servers, Gateway servers & Web servers as well as FIXPack Patches provided by Oracle on existing Siebel environments;
- Installing and configuring Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition (OBIEE) Server, Weblogic server, DAC server and Informatica server for Siebel Analytics (Oracle Business Intelligence – 184.108.40.206.0) and integrating the OBIEE application with the Oracle CRM Siebel application through iFrames;
- Troubleshooting OBIEE administration, ETL monitoring, Informatica & DAC server management by generating detailed logs and trace files for providing a permanent solution;
- Managing interfaces like Oracle Knowledge, OBIEE and resolving technical & critical issues using Siebel tools, Datawarehouse Administration Console and Informatica Power Center;
- Managing enhancement requests of deploying and integrating new interfaces like Oracle Policy Automation (OPA), Realtime User Experience Insight (RUEI), and User Administration and management;
- Produce Siebel Architectural documents for various verticals and horizontals of the Siebel Enterprise, and conducting Siebel performance tuning, performance monitoring, maintaining and load balancing of Siebel servers;
- Upgrading and updating the existing Siebel Enterprise and OBIEE applications and system software and to make it compatible with the existing server and VMware hardware;
- Installing and configuring the Oracle Clusterware Grid software for high availability and ensure that, if there is a system failure in Production, Disaster Recovery, Regression Test environments, it will failover to the other Cluster of the Siebel Gateway Servers resulting in zero downtime;
- Configuring custom component groups using the server manager, Business Intelligence Administration Tool, Siebel Tools, Siebel Dedicated web client to accommodate Application Object Manager (AOM) logging for different verticals of Siebel Architecture (SIA – Siebel Industry Applications);
- Analyzing crash files, core dumps, flight data recorder files (FDR) and identifying root cause for issues and bugs arising from complex system software for the Siebel Enterprise, OBIEE, Informatica and hardware issues including memory leaks, high CPU utilization and fatal security errors and redesigning the technical solution;
- Identifying Firewalls & Secured protocol (https) issues using the telnet utility and other approved tool for all Siebel applications relating to projects containing Personally Identifiable Information (PII) and Protected Health Information (PHI) data and providing diagnostics and technical solutions for the Siebel Web, Application & Gateway servers for ensuring that the secured protocols are enabled for all Siebel Applications
- Developing UNIX Shell scripts using korn shell (ksh), bourne shell (sh) and scheduling Cron jobs for automating and completing server tasks, including compilations and deployments for reducing downtime and increasing efficiency;
- Provides after hours support via a 2 engineer rotation covering all after hours deployments and escalated issues;
- Responsible for documentation and cross training Siebel and OBIEE within the on shore and offshore teams and continue work on building level 2 support within our ODC team.
II: Experience Required:
- 12 years of experience as a Siebel Administrator working with Siebel Architecture, including design/planning, performance tuning, performance monitoring, and maintenance.
III: Special Skills Requirements:
- Siebel 7.5, 7.8, 8.0, 8.1, 8.2, IP 2016
- OBIEE BI Publisher 10.1.3.4.0, 220.127.116.11.0, 18.104.22.168.0
- Informatica 7.1, 9.1.0
- DAC 22.214.171.124.4
- OPA (Oracle Policy Automation) 18c
- Oracle Application Implementation Methodology (OAIM)
- Siebel Analytics 7.8.5
- Oracle Grid Clusterware
To apply for this position, please forward your resume and cover letter to VictoriaArrellano@maximus.com with the "Engineer 3 – Middleware (Siebel) (CA-3200)" position in the subject line. No telephone calls, please.
MAXIMUS, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.