Jackson County is recruiting for a Licensed Professional Land Surveyor to fill its Lead Surveyor – Roads position within the Engineering Division of the Road Department. This position will be the lead on a variety of surveying functions associated to the department. The ideal candidate will have road related survey experience. Some construction inspection or road design experience would be helpful but not necessary. Willingness to gain such experience on the job would be expected.
Under general direction, serves as lead surveyor, plans, schedules, and oversees all survey activities related to preliminary, construction, and post-construction work on Road Department projects, and boundary surveys. Inspects and/or designs construction projects. Performs advanced survey work and various administrative work to support related office operations.
Education and Experience
- A Bachelor of Science degree in civil engineering, survey techniques, or related field AND four years of field experience doing civil engineering boundary, location and construction; OR
- Any combination of education and experience which provides the applicant with the desired skills, knowledge, and ability required to perform the job.
Licenses, Certificates and Other
Must have a valid driver's license with an acceptable driving record. Possession of a Professional Land Surveyor License. Ability to obtain Oregon registration through the Oregon State board of Examiners for Engineering and Land Surveying within one year of hire.
- Transcripts submitted to meet the educational requirements of this posting.
- Pass a criminal background check prior to hire
- Submit an acceptable DMV certified court print prior to hire
- Pass a pre-employment drug screen prior to hire.
JACKSON COUNTY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER