Sodexo Corporate Services is looking for a Senior Conference Services Manager to join our team at Sanofi Conference Center in Bridgewater, NJ.
The Senior Conference Center Manager is responsible for supervising the on-site team within the Conference Center. They oversee the day-to-day operations and work closely with on-site service partners. They are also responsible for the planning, coordination and execution of meetings, conferences, and other special events. This role acts as the client liaison for on-site operations.
Skills and Qualifications:
The ideal candidate for this position will demonstrate a positive, can-do attitude. Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail are critical to provide prompt, efficient, personalized service to all clients.
The candidate must have the ability to strategically identify trends and areas for improvement in processes and procedures and escalate recommendations for positive solutions to management. The candidate must also be able to synthesize and present data to assist management in understanding the volume of activity taking place within the facility over time, while also understanding how to better organize events to delight our clients and guests. Professional verbal and written communication skills are required for interactions with clients. In addition, stellar time management is a crucial requirement for this role. Must be proficient in Microsoft Offices, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Participate in client meetings/Client liaison for on-site operations
- Understands and follows all policies and procedures.
- Assists in ensuring a safe working environment throughout the facility for all employees.
- Assists in monitoring employee productivity and provides suggestions for increased service or productivity.
- Responsible for the oversight of day-to-day activities of subordinates and assigns responsibility for specific work or functional activities as directed by on-site management.
- Responsible for orientation and training of employees.
- Performs day-to-day assignments in addition to oversight duties.
- Works with customers to ensure satisfaction in such areas as quality, service, and problem resolution.
- Promote in the development of the conference center team.
- Attends all in-service training and is accountable for team to complete trainings.
- Complies with company policies and procedures.
- Manage incoming phone and email activity
- Manage day to day conference center activities
- Provide in-room basic audio-visual support
- Coordinate all aspects of on-site meetings or events with the meeting hosts
- Work with event hosts to ensure their event exceeds their expectations
- Participate within committees to help plan larger events and coordinate activities
- Track and compile metrics of activities as needed, including spreadsheets and other backup documentation
- Actively seek customer feedback through post-event surveys and continually seek improved department performance
- This person needs to be able to plans, organize, and direct multiple service which generally include:
- conference services set-up and room set-up, outlook conference room booking, catering, banquets and basic food and beverage
- Lead weekly special events call with our internal service providers
- Plan and execute virtual meetings and events when time allows
- Ability to adapt to conference center technology and programs quickly and efficiently
- Display comprehensive knowledge of Sodexo's services and procedures
- Must be able to lift up to 25lbs and will be on their feet often
- Uphold and enforce Sodexo's safety standards
Other Responsibilities and preferred qualifications:
- Virtual meeting planning responsibility
- This position requires a candidate that will constantly strive to foster a culture of hospitality and find new and innovative methods to enhance the client meeting and event experience.
- Pharmaceutical meeting planning experience highly desirable.
- Advanced Proficiency in Cvent, Zoom, Teams and Outlook Technology
Education: High School or GED or equivalent experience. Two- or four-year college degree preferred.
Sanofi Conference Center requires a COVID-19 vaccination to work at this location.
Learn more about Sodexo's Benefits
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Facilities Management positions in Corporate, Schools, Universities, Energy and Resources, Government and Agencies, Health Care and Senior Living locations across the United States. Continue your search for Facilities Management jobs.
Working for Sodexo:
How far will your ambition, talent and dedication take you? Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and career growth opportunities.
Make an Immediate Impact.
Sodexo is the North American leader for Quality of Life Services. More than 150,000 Sodexo employees work to improve the quality of daily life for our 13,000 client sites in North America. Sodexo partners with clients to help them attain their strategic vision by developing Facility Management service solutions that increase the effectiveness of their people, enhance their business processes and optimize their infrastructure, which deliver tangible outcomes.
Our client portfolio spans multiple markets across the nation including education, corporate services, health care and government services, which means we can offer a career full of variety, challenge and tremendous growth opportunities.