Clinician - Bilingual (English/Spanish)
Requisition #: req5810
Location: Charlotte, NC
Hours: Full-time (40 hours/week)
This position is offering a $1,500 sign-on bonus
Bethany is changing the world through family. We began our work by serving one child more than 75 years ago. Today, Bethany is an international Christian nonprofit partnering with communities in more than 30 states and in several countries around the world. We strengthen and preserve families, support displaced people fleeing danger, and find safe, loving families for children who need them. Bethany is at the forefront of creating and implementing solutions to meet the growing needs of vulnerable children and families in the U.S. and around the world.
As the Clinician, you will provide weekly individual and group therapy sessions with newly arriving (primarily Spanish Speaking clients) who are placed in Bethany's Transitional Foster Care program.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Provide intake psychosocial assessment within 24-48 hours of clients arriving into the program.
- Provide trafficking assessments with 10 days of clients arriving into the program.
- Provide individual counseling session with a case load of up to 20 clients.
- Provide twice a week group therapy sessions with all clients in program.
- Provide additional counseling sessions with children and their families (via phone or skype) if necessary, to aide in the reunification process.
- Participate as a team member and attend meetings with treatment team.
- Provide program coordinator and/or program manager with weekly updates of client's progress.
- Attend training provided internally and in the community and apply newly gained knowledge in providing services.
- Translate both written and verbal communication for program clientele and staff.
- Maintain the ability to be on call as necessary.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- MSW and/or MA in Counseling
- LCSW or LCPC with 2 years experience required
- Bilingual English/Spanish
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible, creative and able to work in a diverse setting
- Demonstrated verbal and written communications skills
- Demonstrated ability to build rapport with clients in order to help them adjust to new life circumstances
- Demonstrated familiarity with trauma informed treatment modalities
- Computer skills sufficient to perform essential functions
- Prior work experience with refugee or minority children and families and demonstrates cross-cultural sensitivity
- Subscription to and integration of the agency Statement of Faith, Mission Statement, and Cultural Diversity Commitment
- Prior therapeutic experience with diverse cultures
We value and embrace the principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion; our culture is strengthened and our workplace is more dynamic. We are a global organization with multicultural staff, clients and stakeholders, so we strive to create a workplace that reflects the communities we serve and where everyone feels empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work. More work remains, but we are deeply committed to honestly acknowledging and addressing the impacts of race and racism throughout the organization. This work can be uncomfortable and even painful, but we believe that the greatest challenges bear the greatest rewards.