Howard Brown Health Clark - Chicago, IL
High School Diploma/GED
Why Howard Brown Health
Under direction of the Manager of Patient Access, the Bilingual Patient Access Specialists is responsible for answering incoming telephones for all of the Howard Brown offices, scheduling and confirming appointments, rescheduling appointments when needed, having an understanding of insurance plans and taking very detailed messages for staff members when required. Maintains and retains a customer service attitude at all times to ensure patient satisfaction.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Answers all incoming calls from clients; provides information and assistance; properly and politely navigates clients through the organization.
- Understands and displays great professional customer service
- Uses de-escalation techniques to address the needs or callers that call in and may be escalated
- Verifies and collects pertinent demographic and billing information.
- Documents and makes changes as appropriate to a patients demographic information.
- Routes calls to appropriate individuals or departments.
- Routinely checks the queue to monitor calls holding.
- Schedules appointments for medical; behavioral health and dental providers, which include scheduling nurse or phlebotomy appointments as appropriate as well as all other services that require scheduling
- Follows protocols to properly triage calls to appropriate staff.
- Monitors schedules for errors or overbooking
- Validates and corrects insurance information as required.
- Cross trains for special assignments and duties.
- Supports the mission statement to develop, enhance, and promote quality customer service through team effort.
- Exhibits flexibility, sensitivity, and respect, maintaining a working relationship with all team members.
- Other duties as assigned
What you will bring to Howard Brown Health
- High school diploma or GED
- Bilingual English/Spanish (All offers contingent upon successful passing of a language assessment)
- Proficient use of computer applications LIKE GE Centricity/Athena or any data entry system.
- One or more years' experience in Call Center/financial counseling setting.
- Experience working with Medicare, Medicaid, and other insurances.
- CPT and ICD-9 coding desirable