System Test Automation Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Posted: Oct 5, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200293946
Do you love the challenge of solving complex problems that can have a direct impact on the success of the company and customer satisfaction? We are the Factory Build Readiness System Quality Assurance Team, and we are seeking a driven, dynamic, and skilled test engineer with strong capabilities in system testing, mobile device technologies, and cross-functional collaboration to champion product quality. Bring your skills and ideas to help us work collaboratively with our engineering partners to improve our software and hardware. Contribute as part of our diverse team of test engineers using flexibility and creativity to ensure we can effectively test and build at scale the products that our customers love to use. Come Join our Team!
- Strong Python skills
- Experience designing, developing and executing automation scripts
- Strong troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Experience with identifying, tracking bugs, defect tracking systems
- Experience with Git (or any other source code management/version control system)
- Experience with MacOS/Linux/Unix
- Experience with Audio Products Automation
As a test automation engineer, you will work to automate system level tests on advanced audio devices. To be successful in this position, you have a strong technical foundation, are able to learn new technologies quickly, show initiative, and possess excellent communication skills. You must be motivated and prepared to work both independently and cross-functionally. You'll work with system quality assurance engineers to automate tests that validate advanced audio devices at the system level. You'll contribute to tools and frameworks that automate validation of test processes used contract manufacturers. This accomplishes the goal of automating execution of system level testing. In doing so, you have the ability to impact the efficiency of the team and help deliver products to customers. Your contributions will help ensure that our devices are free of defects when manufactured and shipped or sold to customers!
Education & Experience
Bachelors or Masters degree with in Electrical Engineering or equivalent work experience.
- Nice to have:
- - Experience authoring, executing, and automating unit testing
- - Experience with firmware/diagnostics testing
- - Experience testing embedded consumer electronics or mobile devices
- - Experience setting up and maintaining continuous integration systems
- - Knowledge of test-driven development