Operations Engineering Program Manager
Austin , Texas , United States
Operations and Supply Chain
Posted: Oct 4, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200293008
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish! The people here at Apple don't just craft products - they build the kind of wonder that's revolutionized entire industries. It's the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it! The Operations Engineering Program Manager will manage the business and technical aspects of product readiness. You will lead the operationalization of strategic programs such as trade-in to provide an exceptional customer experience from point of sale to after-market service. This role requires a strong blend of technical knowledge and business acumen covering a wide variety of deliverables spanning across multiple iOS products. Up to 10% travel required.
- At least 5 - 7 years of related experience
- Work experience as a project/program manager in any of the following areas: New Products, Program Management, Supply Chain Management (Service/Operations), Development or Service/Operations Engineering.
- Strong analytical skills required (cost benefit, return on investment analysis); Excel skills required
- Excellent product or project management qualifications
- Experience in trade-in, electronic device insurance or second-hand market operations is a strong plus
- Proven expertise leading supply chain business projects
- Design/process mapping capability
- Ability to effectively work with cross functional teams to understand requirements and convert them to executable project plans
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
- Excellent presentation, written and verbal communication skills, with demonstrated experience presenting at all levels
- Strong leadership capabilities
- Additional requirements include the ability to think strategically and implement tactically, a persistent attention to detail, and a high level of comfort working with numbers.
- Ability to travel up to 10%
Join this dynamic role in the Worldwide Service Operations organization. A successful Program Manager is a natural leader and facilitator; excels in program/project management; communicates with ease; thrives in an ambiguous environment; is adept at facilitating actions and resolving conflicts and manages through relationships and influence. In this role you will lead discrete projects related to trade-in operational strategy, planning and execution that will support Apple to execute best-in-class service supply chain solutions. You will also lead projects from cradle to grave, providing cost-benefit and return-on-investment analysis, along with project status to the business leaders - Drive worldwide product and strategic service readiness activities across multiple functional groups in Apple including Engineering, Marketing, Finance, Retail, Legal and Sales. - Proven expertise building complex economic models using strong financial modeling skills for strategic service programs - Primary representative for AppleCare to other organizations (Product Design, Product Operations, Logistics, Environmental Supply Chain Initiatives, Retail, Business Development & Legal) to realize opportunities in the areas of reclaim, trade-in initiatives, business-to-business initiatives, supply chain design, warehouse/OEM operational efficiency and system improvements. - Work closely with the internal planning and readiness teams to ensure appropriate synchronization of product launch efforts with business team (Marketing/SDM/Sales) - Overall responsibility for iOS refurbishment program launches for AppleCare product service as well as continuous improvement - Develop and present compelling business cases and implement solutions that improve quality and cost. - Understand key cost drivers and recommend options between competing strategies based on effective cost/benefit analysis. Use business and supply chain knowledge to analyze competing options. - Assess, analyze, consolidate, and communicate risk and status clearly and succinctly to management, raising key issues and presenting options for resolution to the cross-functional executive team.
Education & Experience
B.S. degree in related field. Engineering degree and MBA strongly preferred.