Product Manager, Home
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Posted: Oct 4, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200289493
At Apple, we don't just create products. We create the kind of wonder that's revolutionized entire industries. Join the team that dreams up what's next, and that does everything necessary to make it happen. Bring your passion, dedication and focus, and help invent the future! We are looking for an experienced and brilliant Product Manager to join the Home Product Marketing team. The Product Manager will be involved in the creation, development, and launch of products and features for the home. You'll apply your judgment and customer insights to help infuse ideas for groundbreaking features into our product-development process. In doing so, you'll collaborate with a wide range of teams that may include Industrial Design, Human Interface, Engineering, Operations, Legal, Finance, Sales and Marketing Communications. Together, we will guide a product vision from a fragile idea to the world-class product our customers expect from Apple.
- Passionate about developing and shipping cutting edge CE products
- 7+ years Product Management/Product Marketing experience having led at least one entire product development cycle from concept to introduction
- Familiarity with consumer electronics technologies, products and markets.
- Experience and ability to synthesize technologies into product communication for broad audience including customers, media, analysts, and leading industry specialists
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to champion initiatives.
- Track record of working closely with cross-functional teams to define product strategy and roadmap, craft positioning, and define promotional activities
- A self-starter who is dedicated and demonstrates creative and critical thinking abilities
- Results-oriented, driven, upbeat and focused with a strong passion to learn and succeed
As a member of the Worldwide Home Product Marketing team, you will be deeply involved in the definition of the Home roadmap, and development and launch of future products. You will play an instrumental role on the team that includes writing product and marketing requirements documents, collaborating with engineering to investigate new technologies, and being the voice of the market to Apple during the development phase. Leading up to launch, you will craft product messaging briefs, guide marketing communications on the creation of product launch materials, and act as a product spokesperson in press briefings and public events. This role requires an excellent understanding of technology, consumer AV solutions and media industry trends. You are comfortable with complex and ambiguous problems and situations, and adept at identifying a project's risks. You love using your creative and critical thinking to craft solutions for resolving them quickly. Working with multiple internal and external partners, you are adept at quickly gaining their respect and support, and consistently demonstrate extraordinary marketing expertise, attention to detail, objectivity, and accountability.
Education & Experience
BS degree preferred, MS/MBA preferred.
- Position to be based in Santa Clara Valley, CA.