Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Posted: Oct 4, 2021
Role Number: 200296054
The Video Engineering group is looking for an Automation Engineer with a strong emphasis on industrial automation. This position will require collaboration with multiple teams (hardware, machine learning, user studies). We work on multiple, related projects requiring creativity and ingenuity. You will be able to demonstrate your skills and expertise as we work together to innovate. You'll be working targeted automation projects and initiatives that span across hardware and software. You'll have an opportunity to own a domain of expertise, produce tools that directly contribute towards supporting testing the quality of next generation Apple products, and continuously grow through facing new challenges. We are an unusual team in how we operate, and we are looking for creative engineers and anyone with room to grow to join us. We are unusual in the sense that our initial work was filling a gap between Algorithm teams, Quality Assurance (QA), and User Studies. Our team performed well and grew, so we could continue to be helpful to other Video Engineering teams and fill the gap.
- Be highly proficient with Python or other scripting language
- Have experience designing and deploying automated systems
- Thrive in uncertain, rapid project schedules, being able to quickly shift priorities and maximize testing/development time
- Have solid understanding of software development lifecycle, industrial automation terminology and processes
- Strive to innovate and try new things, incorporating continuous improvement of testing and data collection methods
RESPONSIBILITIES: Design robust and modular automation systems across hardware and software that enable Engineers to be more efficient Produce quality work, ensuring minimal regressions or bugs for users Quickly debug, root cause, and provide fixes for bugs Use existing tools and services from other teams within Apple Make it easy for users to benefit from your products by providing written and in-person instruction Implement manual and automated test plans on a variety of hardware and software configurations Document test cases and code used for test execution Collaborate with multi-functional teams, guaranty complete test coverage and a flawless end user experience.
Education & Experience
BS or MS in CS/EE or related experience
- HELPFUL/USEFUL EXPERIENCE:
- - iOS Application and/or FileMaker development experience
- - Familiarity with robot kinematics, dynamics, digital control, and signal processing
- - History of interfacing with cloud storage and hosting services