Supervising Sound Editor
Newport Beach , California , United States
Posted: Oct 4, 2021
Role Number: 200295253
Our creative and technical team is looking for a Supervising Sound Editor with strong communication and leadership skills who will be responsible for ensuring best-in-class representation of audio within immersive video experiences. This role will be hands-on in every aspect of the audio pipeline; requiring work in sound design, editing, and mixing. Need to supervise work across multiple teams and guide initiatives with 3rd party vendors. We are seeking someone who is looking to apply their leadership experience, passion and talent for audio, and professional curiosity in new and interesting ways, to drive the field of immersive audio production forward. If innovation within the audio production space, and all the challenges that come along with it, is exciting rather than daunting, this role could be a fit for you.
- Client-facing experience working in post production audio on high-end productions - mixing, editing, and delivering to specification, surround, procedural, or spatial audio content
- Hands-on experience with sound design, dialogue, and music editing for film, TV, and/or games
- Comfortable working directly with directors, executives, clients, and other technical personnel
- Understanding of the science of audio and how it translates to the listener's experience
- Effectively collaborate with other stakeholders around audio workflow and lead projects among cross-functional groups
The Supervising Sound Editor will join an in-house post production team and support multiple projects ranging from technical tests and production tool development to creative projects, big and small. The ideal candidate will be comfortable balancing deadline-based creative deliverables and supporting ongoing development efforts. They will be asked to use a variety of tools, both off-the-shelf and internally developed and actively contribute their perspective to the tool developers. For smaller-scale projects, they will be responsible for delivering on every phase of the post production audio process. For larger-scale projects, in addition to their own hands-on efforts, they will engage and direct external teams to coordinate the creation of the audio deliverables required.
Education & Experience
Bachelors degree or equivalent work experience
- - Excels at working collaboratively with clients, creatives, and engineers
- - Subject matter expertise in surround / spatial audio production and technical delivery or content (Dolby Atmos, Ambisonics, MPEG-H, Object Based Audio)
- - Hands on experience with typical and atypical audio production tools for surround and/or spatial audio production like Protools, Reaper, Logic, Dolby Atmos Suite, DearVR Suite, FB360 Suite, etc.
- - Strong technical troubleshooting skills related to computer SW/HW, audio production, audio/video signal flow
- - Extensive knowledge of typical and atypical audio/video/metadata formats and standards common in surround and ambisonic audio production
- - Knowledge of production management tools such as Shotgrid, etc
- - Experience partnering with audio software and hardware developers is a big plus
- - Passion for working on the cutting edge of technology to create the best possible user experience
- Apple's most important resource, our soul, is our people. Apple benefits help further the well-being of our employees and their families in meaningful ways. No matter where you work at Apple, you can take advantage of our health and wellness resources and time-away programs. We're proud to provide stock grants to employees at all levels of the company, and we also give employees the option to buy Apple stock at a discount - both offer everyone at Apple the chance to share in the company's success. You'll discover many more benefits of working at Apple, such as programs that match your charitable contributions, reimburse you for continuing your education and give you special employee pricing on Apple products.
- Apple benefits programs vary by country and are subject to eligibility requirements.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Apple is a drug-free workplace.