Employee Relations Consultant, Investigations
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Posted: Aug 3, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200271813
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don't just craft products - they build the kind of wonder that's revolutionized entire industries. It's the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Apple is looking for an Employee Relations Consultant who will conduct complex employment policy workplace investigations and serve as an expert-level consultant, advisor and practitioner on ER issues and projects across Apple. You will partner closely with the People Business Partner (PBP) organization, management, Employee Relations Business Partners and the Employment Legal team in working ER issues. This job prioritizes and has high emphasis on all aspects of workplace investigations including planning, conducting, writing full documentation, updating key partners and recommending/supporting the administration of disciplinary consequences, remedial steps and/or Aftercare recommendations to PBPs and business leaders.
- 5-10 years proven ability conducting workplace investigations, including experience investigating complex Title VII/EEO policy matters
- Experience within an HR or ER organization in a business environment preferred
- Experienced ER professional with a proven competence and understanding of employee relations.
- Experienced workplace investigator
- Experience conducting complex workplace investigations
- Knowledge of local, state and federal employment law and regulations
- Ability to create thorough investigation documentation
- Excellent communication skills including verbal, written and presentation skills
- Work independently and prioritize workload/cases
- Work effectively with others
- Present information and influence decisions
- Employ high levels of discretion
- Exhibit exceptional integrity, confidentiality and privacy
* Identifies, analyzes and implements resolutions to complex and highly sensitive ER issues, including unusual situations where precedents for resolution are unavailable. * Conducts workplace investigations into allegations of employee misconduct originating from various Apple departments including the People organization, Business Conduct, Legal, Global Security, Business Assurance & Audit and other departments. * Conducts investigations at the direction of Legal counsel stemming from issues raised in agency charges or demand letters * Provides ER partnership for investigations led by Apple's Security or Business Assurance & Audit departments * Completes thorough, accurate and complete investigation documentation including issue confirmation, interview notes, investigation summaries, investigation results memos, etc. * Prepares and presents investigation findings in appropriate formats based on the audience (I.e. PBP, manager, legal, etc.) * Creates and maintains thorough and complete electronic investigation files * Consistently enters and updates case details in ER's case management system * May participate in projects as an ER Investigations subject matter expert
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent work experience
- Note: This role can be located in a home office, location is flexible
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.