Cloud Solutions Engineer - Apple Cloud Technologies
Austin , Texas , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Jul 22, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200267207
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Apple is seeking an extraordinary Software Engineer to focus on developing solutions which enable the development of high-performing services on the cloud. Our team is responsible for developing services and application architectures for mission critical services. This is a highly technical, hands-on role that requires a wide and deep experience in building and managing applications and infrastructure across cloud provider services and data centers. This position requires practical knowledge of distributed systems, software engineering, operations, security concepts, and cloud technologies. A successful candidate will apply experience in these areas to develop high-performing, scalable and efficient application patterns for the cloud. Building and maintaining relationships with diverse sets of customers that use the cloud platform will be equally critical to ensure business units are successful. You will be joining a team of highly-skilled, enthusiastic and passionate engineers working on this leading edge and constantly changing space.
- Experience developing and operating services and infrastructure in public cloud environments (AWS or GCP).
- Able to research, architect and drive complex technical solutions, consisting of multiple technologies and cloud services.
- Proficient with various programming languages such as Python/Java/Ruby/Go for automation or integration with APIs.
- Experience with CI/CD tools and technique.s
- Experience with containerization and container orchestration services, including kubernetes
- Solid understanding of centralized configuration management, orchestration and infrastructure as code techniques.
- Working knowledge of network protocols, load balancing technologies, transport protocols and Linux/Unix system internals.
- Expert in writing detailed solution specifications, diagrams, best practices/standards documentation, operating procedures, test plans/test reports, etc.
- Excellent communication skills - must be capable of effectively engaging and leading interactions with cross functional technical and business teams and varying levels of management. Able to comfortably present to customers and stakeholders.
You are passionate about solving new problems, simplifying complex technical challenges and continuous improvement. In this role, you will partner with passionate teammates to engage with engineers and software developers to architect and solution highly available, secure, efficient cloud services that operate at enterprise scale. You'll be expected to provide technical leadership as an expert in cloud development. This is a hands-on engineering role where you will contribute to developing tools and applications to accelerate cloud development and develop reusable infrastructure configuration code, templates to enable self-service deployment of cloud infrastructure.
Education & Experience
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or 4+ years of equivalent, hands-on technology experience in large enterprise environments.
- Experience with production services in GCP - Google Cloud Platform or AWS - Amazon Web Services.