Data Scientist, Apple Retail Online
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Operations and Supply Chain
Posted: Oct 5, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200296123
The people here at Apple don't just create products - we build the kind of wonder that's revolutionized entire industries! It's the diversity of our people and their ideas that encourages the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple and help us leave the world better than we found it! As part of a team of Retail-Online analytics specialists, you're deeply committed to the two-sided challenge of supporting the Apple's Retail Real Estate teams to drive data driven decision making, strategic insights and long term planning activities and help craft business strategies that are fueled by the output of this process.
- 5-7 years leading sophisticated data science projects as an individual contributor.
- Expert knowledge in developing econometric models, frameworks and solutions that help drive decision making and business strategy.
- Expert level knowledge of applied regression techniques including, but not limited to: Linear, Logistic, Mixed models, Distributed Lags, Time Series, GLM & Simultaneous Equations.
- Understanding of Experimental design, causal impact and Bayesian techniques to tackle complex business problems.
- Demonstrated proficiency in synthesizing sophisticated analysis into simple, meaningful and measurable insights for leadership consumption whilst building tools for practical applications.
- Hands on Python/R experience across both structured and distributed data environments with expertise across machine learning and data science libraries (e.g., scikit-learn, pandas, matplotlib, seaborn, tidyverse, etc.).
- Excellent written and oral communications skills to prepare, present and explain sophisticated analyses to key partners including senior leadership.
The Retail-Online Analytics team is responsible for providing insights and analytical solutions to Digital Marketing and Marcom, Online Merchandising and eCommerce commercial teams, Online Product Management, Retail Real Estate as well as Finance partners. We are seeking an experienced Data Scientist within the Decision Support COE to drive and execute strategic data science projects for Apple Retail. This role will primarily focus on: - Developing sophisticated econometric models that help understand efficiency and returns on future investment decisions - Drive strategic insights by diving deep into the data to uncover trends and patterns that support larger business objectives - Connect the dots between multiple complex sources of data within Apple to stitch a cohesive story backed by data driven approach - Proactiveness in exploring complex data, systems, tools whist working collaboratively across teams in driving projects forward
Education & Experience
Master's Degree in Statistics, GIS, Applied Economics, or related disciplines with 5 or more of related work experience Bachelor's Degree considered with at least 7+ years of relevant work experience