Edgewater Federal Solutions is a privately held government contracting firm located in Frederick, MD. The company was founded in 2002 with the vision of being highly recognized and admired for supporting customer missions through employee empowerment, exceptional services and timely delivery. Edgewater Federal Solutions is ISO 9001, 20000-1, 270001 certified, appraised at CMMI Level 3 Maturity for Development and Services, and has been named in the Top Workplaces in the Greater Washington Area Small Companies for 2018, 2019 and 20202.
Edgewater Federal Solutions is currently seeking a Systems Administrator to provide support to the WASTE ISOLATION PILOT PLANT contract located in CARLSBAD, NM.
- Maintain and troubleshoot VMWare virtual server environment, administer, and troubleshoot issues on all components of VMware Horizon View 7.x including vCenter, Composer, Connection servers, and Security servers.
- Deploy, configure, and manage Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2, 2016 and 2019 virtual and physical machines.
- Upgrade legacy systems, maintaining life cycle efforts of Systems Administration
- Administer Active Directory Domain Services, Active Directory Certificate Services, DNS, Group Policy, File/Print Services
- Manage Exchange 2010 in a database availability group (DAG) configuration.
- Manage Microsoft Systems Center Configuration Manager server.
- Perform and monitor System backups
- Deploy, install, and manage physical rack mount servers and blade servers.
- Deploy, install, and manage SANS storage arrays
- Create and maintain configuration management documentation for all systems.
- Create and maintain job/task desktop procedures.
- Tier 2 customer support
- Support for Enterprise Architecture Planning and administration for life cycle efforts of configuration management
- Implement and enforcement of IT Security standards in hardware/software profiles following NIST guidance and security controls
- Support Monthly patch management life cycle
- Other assigned duties assigned by Team lead or Program Manager
- U.S. Citizenship is required
- Minimum of 5 years' experience working in a Helpdesk or Systems Operations environment
- Two years of relevant experience with Microsoft Windows server operating systems, Active Directory, Group Policies
- Must demonstrate basic knowledge of server administration, security operations and concepts in MS Windows (2012/R2, 2016) and VMware 6.x operating systems.
- Experience with Microsoft SCCM, working knowledge of MS Exchange 2010, NTFS and Share level permissions
- Experience with HP Blade/ProLiant Rack Mount Servers
- SANS Storage technologies and concepts
- Must be able to work independently, as well as perform in a group setting, and follow directions
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and collaboration with customers and peer IT administration staff
- Strong communication and collaboration skills verbal and written
- Ability to develop and maintain complex technical documentation
- Ability to handle call out and weekend work as required or when assigned
- Able to work independently or collaboratively within a team
- Knowledge of operating systems (OS) and applications as they pertain to the network environment or the OSI model
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as a member of a team
- Working knowledge of the WIPP IT infrastructure
- VMware Horizon View and VDI administration
- Trained in VMware Horizon View administration
- NIST STIGS and their application to government systems
- Working knowledge of Microsoft SCCM
- Four-year degree in an IT related discipline
- IT vendor certifications specific to the WIPP environment
Conditions of Employment
- HSPD12 Credential eligibility
- Must handle occasional on call events and overtime
It has been and continues to be the policy of Edgewater Federal Solutions to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, and/or other status protected by applicable law.