Quality Assurance Lead
Edgewater Federal Solutions is a privately held government contracting firm located in Frederick, MD. The company was founded in 2002 with the vision of being highly recognized and admired for supporting customer missions through employee empowerment, exceptional services and timely delivery. Edgewater Federal Solutions is ISO 9001, 20000-1, 270001 certified, appraised at CMMI Level 3 Maturity for Development and Services, and has been named in the Top Workplaces in the Greater Washington Area Small Companies for 2018 through 2021.
Edgewater Federal Solutions is currently seeking a Quality Assurance Team Lead to provide support to the Waste Isolation Pilot Plant contract located in Carlsbad, NM. This position will manage projects and tasks within their scope of responsibility, under the general direction of the Site Program Manager. This position will also work closely with the Program Manager and other technology team managers, as well as many other internal partners as needed or required.
- Supporting, developing, and administering quality assurance and control policies and procedures across the organization.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in establishing and maintaining a lean quality framework within an information technology organization.
- Develop and implement quality assurance testing and performance monitoring utilizing QA tools, techniques, and practices.
- Develop and maintain comprehensive quality management standards.
- Working with the client and program management, coordinate and develop deliverable acceptance policies, procedures, and artifacts to ensure a clear and shared understanding of what is required, what shall be delivered, and the level of quality expected for each contractual deliverable or work product.
- Assist application development and support team in developing acceptance criteria for software development and maintenance.
- Provide independent testing and oversight of software developed or modified by the application development and support team.
- Provide independent testing and oversight of commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) software in use or to be used within the WIPP organization.
- Provide support for review and acceptance of contractual deliverables.
- Provide contractual deliverables assigned to the QA Team.
- Manage tasks within the scope of assigned responsibilities.
- Other duties as assigned, when rationally related to the overall duties and expectations of the position.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills verbal and written.
- Advanced problem analysis and problem-solving skills.
- Attention to detail and accuracy within documentation.
- Able to interact with Customer via phone, email, and VTC.
- Adaptability to call out and weekend work as required.
- Able to guide and direct resources assigned to quality assurance duties.
- Five or more years of progressive experience in managing, coordinating, and administering quality requirements in a technical environment.
- Five or more years of progressive experience in testing COTS applications and bespoke software.
- Solid experience developing and maintaining technical documentation.
- Industry quality or project management certification (Lean Six Sigma Green Belt or higher, PMI PMP, ASQ, etc.).
- Industry software testing certification (CAST, CSTE, CSQA, etc.).
- Deep knowledge and experience in a multi-level testing framework (e.g., unit, system, integration, user acceptance, regression, performance, and stress testing).
- Deep knowledge of configuration management and revision control concepts.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as a team lead.
- Bachelors degree (or higher) in Computer Science or Management of Information System.
It has been and continues to be the policy of Edgewater Federal Solutions to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, and/or other status protected by applicable law.