Admissions & Enrollment Advisor
OSU Institute of Technology in Okmulgee is currently accepting applications for an Admissions & Enrollment Advisor.
GENERAL SUMMARY: The Admissions & Enrollment Advisor navigates new and returning students through OSUIT's admission and enrollment process. The Advisor reviews all information provided by students to determine eligibility for admission and enrollment to the institution. This process includes but is not limited to collecting, analyzing, ensuring compliance, and processing all admissions application and enrollment materials (high school and college transcripts, advanced placement, ACT/SAT scores, placement [Next Generation ACCUplacer] testing, immunization records, FERPA disclaimer, parental consent forms, ID cards, etc.).
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Direct/Process prospective students, new student, and returning students through the admission process (Concurrent, New, Adult, Transfer, BT, Special, International, Upward Bound, etc.)
- Build classes, collect enrollment, register students and make ID numbers for concurrent High School students, Upward Bound, and other special students and programs.
- Interprets placement guidelines to determine the need for remedial coursework.
- Reviews college transcripts to determine remediation needs and maintains Admissions files to ensure compliance with Oklahoma State Regents Policies.
- Keep abreast of academic program of study requirements in order to advise students, families and others on academic programs of study.
- Creates student identification cards to verify student eligibility for services on campus, as well as interacts with representatives from all academic departments.
- Advisor must have the ability to provide direct supervision of student workers.
- Serve students on behalf of academic departments during peak enrollment and break periods and events such as enrollment days.
- Data Entry into student information system.
- Scan and index all documents to student e-files via Grooper and the Banner Document Manager.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Associate's Degree from an accredited college or university required.
- Other combinations of education and relative experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Evidences a history of demonstrating ethical and professional behavior.
- One to three years of relevant experience in a high volume customer service environment, preferably in a college or university setting.
- Experience with Banner operating system is preferred.
- Strong human relations skills and a positive "can-do" attitude are critical.
- Must exhibit ability to perform as a team player, assisting and supporting co-workers and others as necessary.
- Professional appearance and demeanor should be modeled at all times.
- Must be service oriented with ability to work and respond effectively to diverse audiences of internal and external students and clients, exhibiting high productivity standards.
- Strong organizational and synthesizing skills as well as a demonstrated ability to multi-task and work in a deadline-driven environment.
- Must be flexible, innovative and self-motivated.
- Must have a willingness to continually self-initiate learning to remain current.
- Should be able to quickly grasp and apply training, and assist team-mates and others in learning new skills and approaches.
- Computer skills to include word processing, spreadsheets, project management, and electronic communications.
- Excellent written communication and listening skills and customer responsiveness are essential.
- Excellent listening skills and customer responsiveness are essential, continually incorporating feedback, ideas and requests.
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends.
- Normal office physical environment; ability to lift up to 25 pounds.
"Oklahoma State University is an AA/EEO/E-verify employer committed to diversity and inclusion, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. OSUIT is a tobacco-free campus."