Patient Advocate (Bilingual Spanish/English)
2021-5923 # of Openings
Behavioral Health/Social Work Program
Operations Weekly Hours
Terros Health is pleased to share an exciting and rewarding opportunity for an Patient Advocate based at our Central Avenue location. Reporting to the Director of Compliance & Internal Audits, the ideal individual is flexible, compassionate and professional. If you enjoy working with individuals during some of the most vulnerable times of their lives this may be just the opportunity you've been seeking.
We are a healthcare company focused on the whole person, providing primary care and specializing in mental health and substance use treatment for the last 50 years. We help people live their lives in recovery and we save lives every day.
Our Compliance & Internal Audit Department offers diverse responsibilities which include patient satisfaction, legal rules, health and safety, quality of care and investigations. Along with great benefits, continuous training and a welcoming environment, we offer the opportunity for you to grow in your career with Terros Health.
Terros Health is a healthcare organization of caring people, guided by our core values of integrity, compassion and empowerment. For more than four decades, the heart of everything we do is inspiring change for life. We help people manage addiction and mental illness, provide primary medical care, restore families, support our veterans, and connect individuals to the care they need.
Terros Health is hiring a Full-Time Patient Advocate for our Central Avenue location in Phoenix, AZ.
Bachelor's Degree in a Related Discipline; Master's Preferred
Bilingual in English/Spanish Required
At Least three (3) Years' Relevant Work Experience
Full Benefits, Including 401K and Generous PTO/PST (4+ weeks)
The Patient Advocate offers patients, family members, staff and providers an avenue for resolving patients concerns and facilitating meaningful discussions between Terros healthcare providers, stakeholders, patients and their families. Serves as a trusted and informal information resource, communication channel, conflict resolution point of contact, facilitator and consultant for dispute resolution and quality of care issues. Acts to seek fair and equitable solutions to patient/provider issues. Promotes and fosters effective relationships/communication between patients, community members and Terros Health.
Patient Advocate Duties Include:
Serves as a an intermediary between clinical teams, patients and their families to provide confidential and informal assistance to patients and providers in resolution of quality of care issues.
- Conducts informal fact-finding, assesses the overall gravity of the situation, and meets with the parties to discuss issues. Based on an analysis of the situation, recommends options to assist the parties in the resolution of the dispute.
- Facilitates patient contact with other appropriate departments. Attends site meetings with Consumer Advisory Boards to facilitate patient feedback and to identify areas for performance improvement
- Develops collaborative relationships with other departments to provide and facilitate a fair, open and creative resolution process.
- Provides feedback to senior leadership by tracking and analyzing types of patient and provider concerns, and in collaboration with appropriate stakeholder groups.
- Identifies opportunities for improvement to policies and practices which contribute to systemic conflicts, concerns and complaints.
- Provides internal consulting services to providers on communication and dispute resolution strategies, designed to improve individual and organizational effectiveness.
- Collects and maintains data in order to evaluate patient concerns. Analyzes data to determine patterns of complaints and identifies and informs senior leadership of patterns and trends affecting patient care. Assists in the development of performance improvement plans, based on data collection
- Develops and implements an on-going communications program, including informational materials for patients and family, staff training and awareness building regarding the Patient Advocate function.
- Conducts focus groups with stakeholders, patients, families and staff to solicit and collect input on performance, program planning and training needs.
- Prepares concise, factual reports and correspondence; formulates recommendations for improved policies, procedures and internal systemic processes
Terros Health offers an excellent benefit package including, but not limited to:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Group life and disability insurance
- Employer matched 401(k)
- Generous PTO/paid sick leave (4+ weeks in year 1)
- Wellness and employee assistance plan
Apply with your resume at www.terroshealth.org
COVID 19 Precautions:
Terros Health remains open for all our patients' health and wellness needs. We have put in place many protocols to protect our employees and patients and to create a safe work environment. Visit our website to learn more: https://www.terroshealth.org/covid-19/
At Terros Health we care about the safety of our employees and patients, Beginning on Oct 11th, Terros Health will be requiring new employees have the COVID 19 vaccine prior to establishing employment. This represents our commitment to stopping the spread of this disease and protecting our community. Thank you for helping to protect our employees and patients.