At The Standard, you'll join a team focused on putting our customers first.
Our continued success is driven by a high-performance culture. We're looking for people who are collaborative, accountable, creative, agile and are driven by a passion for doing what's right - across the company and in our local communities.
We offer a caring culture where you can make a real difference, every day.
Ready to reach your highest potential? Let's work together.
What You'll Do
The primary responsibility for the Bilingual Participant Services Representative role is to provide an excellent quality experience while answering phone calls from customers regarding their Retirement Plans with The Standard. This is an inbound phone center where customer service, critical thinking, problem solving, and adaptability are key skills. While the primary calls will be incoming, outgoing calls are also required as well as responding to customer emails.
The Bilingual Participant Services Representative will communicate with both English and Spanish speaking customers. Frequent questions include online account access and navigation, loan and distribution eligibility, rollovers, and RMD's. More complex questions and requests include statements, plan entry eligibility, deferral rate changes, rebalance transactions, fund to fund transfer transactions and future directive change transactions.
- Leverage retirement plans industry knowledge and internal systems to assist customers.
- Review transaction history, account statements, and other financial data to help customers understand their account activity
- Personalize and relay accurate information to customers about their retirement account by phone and email striving for a first contact resolution experience.
- Problem solve, perform initial research and follow-up with customers
- Navigate multiple systems while talking with customers
- Meet standard performance metric expectations
- Interact with internal departments to help resolve customer questions
- Support contact center team projects including user acceptance testing as needed
The Skills and Background You'll Need
- Must be fluent/bilingual in Spanish
- Associate'sdegree preferred.
- 2+ years customer service, contact center and financial services background preferred.
- Experience in a high volume, direct customer contact service environment preferred.
Please note that you must be in your current position for a minimum of 6 months as a non-exempt and 12 months as an exempt employee to be eligible to apply for internal positions.
Note:The Standard is required to provide a reasonable estimate of thepay ratefor this role when hiring a Colorado resident. Thesalaryfor employees working in Colorado in this role is listed below.The Standard's package also includes incentive planparticipationincluding medical, dental, vision, retirement, and paid time off.
Please note, eligibility to participate in an incentive program is subject to the rules governing the program and plan. Any award depends on various factors, including individual and organizational performance.
Hourly Pay Range:17.40 - 29.42
Standard Insurance Company, The Standard Life Insurance Company of New York, Standard Retirement Services, Inc., StanCorp Equities, Inc. and StanCorp Investment Advisers, Inc., marketed as The Standard, are Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, or veteran status or any other condition protected by federal, state or local law. The Standard offers a drug and alcohol free work environment where possession, manufacture, transfer, offer, use of or being impaired by an illegal substance while on Standard property, or in other cases which the company believes might affect operations, safety or reputation of the company is prohibited. The Standard requires a criminal background investigation, drug test, employment, education and licensing verification as a condition of employment. All employees of The Standard must be bondable.
Customer Service Representatives