Anne Arundel Medical Center
Title: Ancillary Services Assistant
Department: Respiratory Care Services
Reports To: Manager - Respiratory Therapy
Cost Center/Job Code: 20000-20023-000529
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Provides technical support including maintaining respiratory care and pulmonary function equipment and supplies as well as administrative and clerical support for department functioning.
Essential Job Duties:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Performs technical, clerical and administrative support tasks as assigned.
- Maintains supply and equipment inventory. Review par and supplies for accurate order.
- Performs routine maintenance on respiratory care, pulmonary function equipment and arterial blood gas machines.
- Tests and calibrates equipment, correcting minor equipment problems and insuring appropriate disposition of complex equipment that malfunctions.
- Disassembles, assembles, decontaminates, and sterilizes respiratory therapy and pulmonary function equipment according to manufacturers' and departmental standards.
- Maintains records as required to meet departmental quality assurance functions.
- Completes assignments in a timely manner.
- Using established department procedures and principles of aseptic technique, accurately processes respiratory and pulmonary function equipment, and any other equipment 100% of the time.
- Using established procedures in compliance with State, Federal and Hospital rules and regulations, performs the quality assurance activities related to sterile processing.
- According to established schedule, request inventory supplies in the quantities needed to consistently perform distribution and decontamination functions.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Three to six months' health care experience with experience in clerical and administrative support functions.
- Preferred: Previous equipment processing experience.
- Preferred: Respiratory Care student.
Working Conditions, Equipment, Physical Demands:
There is a reasonable expectation that employees in this position will be exposed to blood-borne pathogens.
Physical Demands - Medium Lifting
Medium work. Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
The physical demands and work environment that have been described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
The above job description is an overview of the functions and requirements for this position. This document is not intended to be an exhaustive list encompassing every duty and requirement of this position; your supervisor may assign other duties as deemed necessary.