Be a team leader and provide operational oversight of ultrasound techs and students.
Essential Job Duties:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Conduct annual clinical evaluations of ultrasound techs in collaboration with the physicians and assist the practice manager when hiring and evaluating new ultrasound techs.
- Review clinic schedules on a daily/weekly basis to ensure proper timing, distribution and staffing.
- Responsible for all AIUM recertification and compliance efforts, in collaboration with practice manager.
- Improve clinical processes related to ultrasound studies, exams, reports, in collaboration with MFM physicians.
- Performs routine radiographic and ultrasound procedures in accordance with established safety and quality standards and the special needs of patients.
- Performs ultrasound diagnostic procedures and routine ultrasound procedures within the designated time frame and in accordance with the established quality standards and needs of the office as well as the organization.
- Participates as a member of a specialized medical team in performing biopsies of various organs and in preparing patients for specific procedures as requested by the physician.
- Obtains pertinent clinical data prior to sonographic examination, supervises the scheduling and preparation of patients, and records significant data.
- Conducts daily calibration checks in the adjustment and maintenance of ultrasound and peripheral equipment and records results.
- Maintains a daily activity log and procedure manual; compiles data and issues monthly reports as required. Ensures compliance with organizational and office specific safety policies and procedures; maintains cleanliness and sanitation standards in the work area. Demonstrates proper use of computer by entering all pertinent information upon completion of procedure and adhering to confidentiality policy.
- Successful completion of a one-year program in Ultrasound Technology.
- Two years full time as a clinical ultrasonographer in a hospital radiographic environment.
BLS CPR certification is required. Certification in Physics, Abdomen-Pelvis, OB-GYN by the Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (RDMS) required. Recommend additional registry in one of the following: OB/GYN, neonatal hands, or vascular.
AART Maryland license preferred
Working Conditions, Equipment, Physical Demands:
There is a reasonable expectation that employees in this position will be exposed to blood-borne pathogens.
Physical Demands -
Heavy work. Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
The physical demands and work environment that have been described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
The above job description is an overview of the functions and requirements for this position. This document is not intended to be an exhaustive list encompassing every duty and requirement of this position; your supervisor may assign other duties as deemed necessary.