Sodexo's University Segment is seeking an
Senior Area Executive Chef for the Northeast (MA, CT, ME, RI)
This position is new and will work to engage and energize the culinary team in the region. The first priority will be to better impliment standards and tools to drive financial performance. Additionally, we look to showcase the regional culinary bench and tell our story around this idea of food and the passion it evoke
Daily responsibilities include:
- Hands on management / training
- Oversight of quality food production - strong culinary skills
- Leadership support
- Direct client and customer interaction
- HACCP, regulatory and standards compliance
Is this opportunity right for you?
Are you an experienced chef ready to take your career to the next level? At Sodexo, you will find the ingredients for a great culinary career. With benefits including schedules that encourage work-life balance, reimbursement of association dues and continuing education opportunities, you'll enjoy an improved quality of life that's unique in the hospitality industry.
Plan, direct, and control all unit food service and resources to meet operating and financial goals, client objectives, and customer needs in a multi-unit operation.
- Responsible for analyzing all financial reports for residential and retail operations.
- Review all financial measurements with directors to ensure achievement of financial goals.
- Develop operational component forecasts and is able to explain variances.
- Provide guidance and support in developing action plans to address areas requiring improvement.
- Ensure compliance with Sodexo Standard of Operations in all residential, retail, and catering operations.
- Interact with Client Management and maintains effective client and customer relations at all levels with client organization.
- Ensure compliance with company policies such as safety, wage and hour, sanitation, and purchasing.
- Responsible for recruiting, training, and succession planning of all talent at location.
- Oversee the implementation and maintenance of new marketing, sustainability, and culinary concepts for residential and retail locations.
The ideal candidate has:
- a strong culinary background, with the demonstrated ability to stay current with new culinary trends;
- excellent leadership and communication skills with the ability to maintain the highest of standards and implements company policies;
- previous experience working in a high volume facility; and
- strong management skills.
Careers in Universities:
Working for Sodexo in Universities allows you to support students on their path to adulthood and academic success. Located on college and university campuses across the country, Sodexo creates clean, safe living and learning environments that inspire and drive success. Student success depends upon so many conditions - when they are well fed, safe, comfortable and learning in a clean, well maintained environment they are more likely to succeed.
Working for Sodexo:
How far will your ambition, talent and dedication take you? Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and other career growth opportunities, along with the performance of organizations. We believe it is important for our work to be meaningful to all who contribute to it, and we remain faithful to our mission, our core values and the ethical principles that have guided us since 1966. We support these values and help them thrive in each employee.
We strive to make working for Sodexo a genuinely great experience with benefits to promote your professional, personal and financial well-being, and to improve your Quality of Life now and into the future. Our experiences with our over 50 million customers each and every day enable us to develop Quality of Life services that reinforce the well-being of individuals, improving their effectiveness and helping companies and organizations to improve performance ... every day.
Are you ready to start your Sodexo career? Apply now!
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Culinary positions in a variety of business segments, including Corporate, Schools, Universities, Government and Agencies, Healthcare, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. See more Culinary jobs here